Sunsetter retractable awning

Started by KyNola, June 13, 2010, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Hey guys,
Anybody have one of these? www.sunsetter.com  Ordered one yesterday to protect me from the sun while I'm tending to the MAK.  Customer service over the phone was great.

If you have any experience with these folks or this product, tell me what you think.  I bought the motorized one BTW.

classicrockgriller

I saw those on a late night info commerical.

We are thinking of expanding the Deck and

that might be just the ticket.

Let us know how it goes!

KyNola

DarqMan

KyNola, I'm very interested in what you think of the Sunsetter.  Did you get the electric or manual model? What width did you get?
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Up In Smoke

Larry,
i am interested in the results as well, i am going to need something to keep my new toy covered when in use
and that sounds like just the ticket.
                                                jerry
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

Those work good Larry I have a friend who has one and loves it.

When i drove truck i used to pick them up in LaGrange Indiana for the RV place i drove for.

hal4uk

They're extremely nice...
Very sturdy and high quality canvas.
Just be sure to roll it in when you see funnel clouds.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Yep.  Ditto to all.   Almost got one for our 10x12' deck, then we added on a 16 x 22' extension.   They don't make them that big..  ::)

The clubhouse up in Hal's hood has one.  Works great.   Ditto on the 'retract during inclement weather'.

DTAggie

Have something similar on my travel trailer, different brand.  They work great.  Just make sure to roll-up at night.  Lost one in a big storm at Possum Kingdom Lake one night.

KyNola

Wow, wasn't expecting that much response but will let you folks know how it turns out.  For those of you have experience with them, thank you.  I feel better about ordering it. 

Darqman, I ordered an 11 foot wide model.  It is motorized.  I think I recall that the motorized model can be ordered in widths up to 20 feet.

DarqMan

Thanks KyNola, looking forward to hearing how you like it.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

car54

Here is a link for a different type of shade system that some day I would like to install. It does get pricey.

http://www.shadetreecanopies.com/

Brad

KyNola

Sunsetter shipped on 6/17.  ETA 6/22. 8)

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on June 19, 2010, 08:05:23 AM
Sunsetter shipped on 6/17.  ETA 6/22. 8)

Just in time for cooking out on the 4th!

KevinG

Party at KyNolas in 3 days.  :D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG