Sunsetter retractable awning

Started by KyNola, June 13, 2010, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

On the RV it is best to have one side a little higher than the other during rain. If you don't then the water could pool in the center and not run off. Really stretches the fabric.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Good info WC.  Hadn't thought about that although mine is running back to front at a pretty good angle so I think the rain may run off, if it ever rains again!  Think I'll leave it as is until I can see the rain situation. 

WC, thanks for your input.  I appreciate your experience with these.

hal4uk

KY---- Wildcat brings up a VERY GOOD point...

My shade canopy thingie over my cooking area is messed up from that problem.  This thing ain't made a well as a sunsetter, but I can see how it could happen with any canvas awning; if water can stand/pool just a little between "ribs", well, just a little water is heavy.  That weights it down, lets it collect more water, then it's real heavy, and the canvas is stretched all out of whack.  It has pretty much destroyed mine.  If I was you, I would go out and stand in the first heavy rain and watch it to make sure the rain was ALL MOVING AWAY properly.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

FLBentRider

Wildcat has a great point.

I always put one end of my RV awning lower than the other.

I have seen the results of not doing that, and it is not pretty.

Water weighs 8.35/lbs per gallon.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Thanks guys, guess I'll leave as is for the time being until I can see how it goes. 

BuyLowSellHigh

Don't wait for nature, get out the hose and find out what happens - have a splash party. ;D

Now's the time to find out, in a controlled situation, before it has a chance to get get ugly.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Wildcat

Quote from: KyNola on June 26, 2010, 02:10:48 PM
Good info WC.  Hadn't thought about that although mine is running back to front at a pretty good angle so I think the rain may run off, if it ever rains again!  Think I'll leave it as is until I can see the rain situation. 

WC, thanks for your input.  I appreciate your experience with these.

Any time my friend.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/