Smoked Cheddar & Pepper Rolls (for the NEPAS smokeout)

Started by deb415611, June 13, 2010, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

It was wet & nasty out this morning so I decided to start my smokeout contributions...

I made three batches of rolls - white using Peter Reinhart's Italian bread recipe,  whole wheat (using recipe below subbing white whole wheat flour for 1/2 the white and some Smoked Cheddar & Pepper Rolls

I started out with a triple batch of this recipe then added 1 lb of Cabot xtra-sharp Cheddar that I smoked back in November(1/2 grated & 1/2 diced).  Soaked some dried jalapenos, dried red & green pepper in a little water - drained them, threw them in the little food processor with some red pepper for a quick process then into the dough.  Also a little onion powder and some toasted dried minced onion.....   

Came out looking like:

Then........

KevinG

I've gotta say Deb - you've got some nice looking buns there.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

deb415611

I meant to add in the post above...  the burger bun recipe that I used is incredibly easy and can be made without a mixer.  It's a throw everything in the bowl, mix together and then knead. 

Don't make a triple batch unless you have a 6 qt mixer (and maybe not even then, mine is sounding funky)

classicrockgriller

That is killer rolls!

This is a re-read forsure!

Bookmarked!

Caribou

Oh Deb!
Those do look wonderful  :)
Great job!
Carolyn

deb415611

Quote from: Caribou on June 13, 2010, 12:17:35 PM
Oh Deb!
Great job!
Carolyn

You need to post the picture that you sent me this morning,  not smoked but it was awesome looking :)

deb415611

almost all ready for the freezer ---- the two bags on the left for the smokeout,  the middle bag is for Jimmy Buffett concert on Thursday night  and the bag on the right is just to have

classicrockgriller

Now don't go and tell me you are a Parrot Head!

Party on Deb!

pensrock

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on June 13, 2010, 01:14:30 PM
Now don't go and tell me you are a Parrot Head!

Party on Deb!
;D

We are getting old, we actually sprung for seats rather than the lawn :D

Caribou

Quote from: deb415611 on June 13, 2010, 12:41:08 PM
Quote from: Caribou on June 13, 2010, 12:17:35 PM
Oh Deb!
Great job!
Carolyn

You need to post the picture that you sent me this morning,  not smoked but it was awesome looking :)
I'll mail you a slice in trade for one of those rolls!  ;)
Carolyn

DTAggie