Monday Night Wings

Started by ArnieM, June 14, 2010, 05:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

No, they weren't smoked and yeah, they went on the gasser.

The wings were browned up and then had some Cajun Grilling Sauce (thanks CRG) added at the end.  A first for me was doing frozen french fries on the grill - came out good.

The wings and fries came off the grill.  This is just for two of us.

The dinner plate included Texas caviar.  We knocked off the wings and the raccoons got a few fries.

In the end, I prefer wings done on the grill to any other method.  Nice and crispy and - damn - no leftovers  :o
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DarqMan

I love all that carmelization, it looks like my kind of meal.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

hal4uk

Hard to beat grilled wings!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TestRocket

Just something about chicken, I like it all and cooked most any way. Dark meat first! Looks good!

DarqMan

Arnie, your pics always come out so clear and crisp.  You must have a really nice camera.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

ArnieM

Quote from: DarqMan on June 14, 2010, 07:02:55 PM
Arnie, your pics always come out so clear and crisp.  You must have a really nice camera.

If you look closely there are some out-of-focus (OOF) areas.  The depth of field is still too shallow even shooting at f4.  I'll try f5.6 next.

The camera is a Canon EOS 1D - I think the 'D' stands for Dinosaur.  It is 4.2 MP, but quality pixels.  It was Canon's first professional (PJ and sports) camera and is weather sealed.  The latter is handy when it's raining on my smoker.  It's pretty old.

This is a shot of it sporting a 100-400 mm lens (which I rarely use).
-- Arnie

DarqMan

Wow, that is impressive... NOW I see why your pictures are so clear.  Wish you lived here to take pics for me ;D

hal4uk

If I wuz gonna take a picture of my camera....  Hmmm...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

Quote from: DarqMan on June 14, 2010, 07:29:07 PM
Wow, that is impressive... NOW I see why your pictures are so clear.  Wish you lived here to take pics for me ;D

You cook.  I'll eat and take pics  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

DarqMan

Quote from: ArnieM on June 14, 2010, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: DarqMan on June 14, 2010, 07:29:07 PM

You cook.  I'll eat and take pics  ;D ;D

Deal!  But I think we're on the opposite end of the world from each other ;D

KevinG

I'm curious about them fries. I've never done them on the grill either. Did you have problems with them falling in? Also curious about the bite, were they crunchy?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Quote from: KevinG on June 15, 2010, 04:51:40 AM
I'm curious about them fries. I've never done them on the grill either. Did you have problems with them falling in? Also curious about the bite, were they crunchy?

First I sorted through them to pick out all of the bigger ones to avoid little ones falling through the grate.

The grate has to be pretty well oiled, but I do that for everything.  Some canola in a bowl, a paper towel and tongs.  I still had some sticking though. 

I usually deep fry fries.  My wife likes them real crunchy so her's stay in a bit longer.  These fries passed her crunch test.
-- Arnie

Smokin Soon

Frog Mats work great for little stuff. No stick easy clean.

ArnieM

Thanks SS and yeah, you're right.  I'm gonna have to get some for the OBS and the grill.
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on June 15, 2010, 04:23:17 PM
Thanks SS and yeah, you're right.  I'm gonna have to get some for the OBS and the grill.

Just be a little careful with them on the Weber gasser...

550° is the max for them before they break down. (or flat out burn)