Thursday Night dinner - 4th in the episode

Started by ArnieM, June 17, 2010, 05:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

This is part of my ongoing but probably short lived series series of fairly simple and inexpensive weekday dinners.

I got into this post from StickyDan:  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16512.msg198904#msg198904

I love good quality lamb.  Got these round-bone shoulder chops from the butcher today.  (SD's were the higher quality ones.)

Here they are naked.

They went into the OBS that way; one hour of apple at 200.  ( No rain today.)  Pulled, cooled and into the fridge in plastic wrap to rest for 2-3 hours.

So, onto the menu.

Lamb Chops - A VERY light brush of OO with a little fresh ground sea salt and black pepper.  Added a smidgen of white pepper too.

Broccoli - Steamed with red onions. 

Broccoli sauce  - Thin sauce; shredded cheddar cheese (the real stuff) with butter, milk and ancho chili powder.

Cous cous - Put the requisite amount of water in a pot.  Add some dehydrated onion and garlic - yeah, I'm lazy.  Add some chopped sun dried tomato and of course, some Ancho powder.  Add the cous cous.  Only takes a couple of minutes.

Dinner:

The lamb came out too done for me.  It should have spent less time on the grill.  Well, we live and learn.

Tomorrow is sirloin steak and stuff.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Very nice!

Looking forward to tomorrow's installment...

Caribou

Quote from: squirtthecat on June 17, 2010, 05:34:00 PM

Very nice!

Looking forward to tomorrow's installment...

Me too!
Great food you're cooking up there Arnie. :)
Carolyn

classicrockgriller

Another very nice meal there Arnie.

No wonder your Wifie keeps you around. ;D

Looks great.

KyNola

My Thursday night meal was two pastrami sandwiches with spicy brown mustard.

My Wednesday night meal was two smoked brisket sandwiches with my favorite Louisiana style hot sauce.  Brand is "Cajun Chef".  Can't buy it locally where I'm at so I buy a case of it when in NOLA.  The stuff is really good and also cheap.

Thank God for the vac sealer and the freezer!

StickyDan

Looks good Arnie.  Very similar to what I did.  Check the original post for details. 
Do you find that cold smoking and letting it sit for a while makes a make difference?  I just went from the smoker to the grill.  Still tasted pretty darn good.
Cheers!

ArnieM

SD - Actually it was hot smoked at 200, cooled and then into the fridge for a while before going on the grill.  I only did it one way so I can't comment on any difference of methods.

I saw your post.  Unfortunately, as people said, no pics ...  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.