FROG LEGS

Started by Jim O, June 18, 2010, 07:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim O

Has anyone ever smoked frog legs and if so,for how long,what temp etc.

Thanks

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

FLBentRider

I have not, but I would probably treat them like chicken wings, about the same surface and density.

Give them a couple of hours smoke @225F and then finish them on the grill or deep fry (which is the only way I've had them)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Jim O

Thanks !

I'll give that a try.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

stillsmoking

Smoked Frog legs sound great.  Do let us know the results.  I don't have access to frog legs in these parts but do love them when I get a chance to indulge.  I think I would put in a simple marinade of some type for 30-60 minutes (soy sauce, apple juice, garlic, a little oil) then smoke at 210 for an hour or so and either pan fry or finish off quickly on a barbecue.  I think it would be easy to dry those legs out.  Good luck!

Smoking Duck

I just keep picturing the Far Side cartoon of a restaurant that offered Frog Legs and a bunch of frogs wheeling out the back in wheelchairs :-)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Duck. used to be a great place for frog legs at Indiana Beach. Can't find it now. Ever heard of it?

Smoking Duck

Nope, never heard of it at all.  About the only place I can find them now is at some Chinese buffets.  I eat em, but they ain't that good there.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra