First Smoke for Newbie here in Nashville,TN!

Started by aalverson, June 18, 2010, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aalverson

All Back in filed up, juiced up, about an hour, may spritz at half hour point again.

DTAggie

I can't remember mine being that shiny inside.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 19, 2010, 04:25:43 PM
I can't remember mine being that shiny inside.

Yep it does seem like a distant memories.

....... aa, thanks for the pics so far.

It is good to take pics and share, plus you have a visual record of what

went right and what went wrong with you smokes.

Ribs are looking mighty fine.

aalverson

DTAggie

aalverson

Thanks so much to everyone on this site, it made this process very easy.  Absolutely great ribs, couldn't have been happier with first smoke, used maple, will try another wood next time.  Family loved them.  I made my own sauce which was good but a little to sweet, the rub was great but I will spice it up a bit next time.  That's how we learn and thats all the fun, again thanks so much.

classicrockgriller

Yep, the pic of the cute little girl tells the whole story!

Congrats on some fine ribs.

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KyNola

AA,
I'm about 2 hours northwest of you in Paducah KY.  If I had known your first smoke was going to come out that good there would be someone sitting beside that pretty girl with a rib.  ME!

As for the next wood to use on ribs or butts.....HICKORY.

Can I get an amen?!

Really nice work and pics AA.

hal4uk

Welcome, aalverson... 
Good looking ribs!

Ohhh yeah...
Sometime...  Try hickory  ;D
[AMEN!]
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

I knew Brother Hal, originally from Paducah KY, would give me an amen. ;)

hal4uk

Hey AA...  You ever get pulled pork from Witt's?  It's goooood.
http://www.whittsbarbecue.com/
(And, yep... I knew you'd ask... They use HICKORY!)
They have a sauce I like too - But, I put Starne's sauce on it  ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ArnieM

Good going on the ribs AA.  Certainly part of the fun is learning and experimenting.  Then you can say "Made 'em myself!"
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Hal, Hal, Hal, you've been away too long.  Before Witts, one needs to try Martins in Nolensville, or especially Judge Beans in Brentwood.  Just thinking about that, I just remembered a new place 3 blocks from my house I need to try - LUNCH. 

Welcome to the forum AA,  And congrats on the first smoke.  It feels goods, especially when you see that big smile on the young'ns faces.

Can't believe I had not seen this thread until now.  Glad to have another Nashvegas smoker.  Green Hills area myself.  In fact, if you are traveling down 65 south toward Franklin, and look over to your right as you pass 440 and see some smoke, it's probably me. 

Only one thing bothers me though - loose lips sink ships!    "Thanks so much to everyone on this site, it made this process very easy."  Now everybody don't moan at the same time - those that have been forum members for a time knows what is coming next.

Drum roll please -----Time to break out THE pledge.

Never ever forget the Bradley Pledge - Do NOT be guilty are letting out too much information that in the wrong hands could be detrimental to the enjoyment of our journey to smoking nirvana!  Others have said that in the wrong hands, the release of that information could tend to curtail the consumption of adult beverages. 

Before you go off bragging and telling everyone how simple it is - remember the Bradley Pledge.

Did I happen to mention "Remember the Bradley Pledge"? 

Raise your right hand, step on your left toe, close both eyes and read after me:

The pledge -- "We pledge, under the penalty of having our Bradley melt into nothingness, never to tell our OR especially anyone else's adoring and admiring family (particularly significant others) and friends, the SECRET (the ease) of Bradley Smoking.  We further Pledge to use our Bradleys as often as possible so as to never let our family and friends be without smoked delicacies.  There are just some things that should not be smoked and until we find out what they are, we Pledge to smoke everything we can catch, drag to the smoker, wrap in bacon, and fit into our Bradleys."

Now go about you merry day, but let that little thing in the back of your mind - that little nagging thing called a conscience take over before you utter any word about how easy this is to any rug rats or wife's of the female persuasion, or anybody else except us, your forum buddies and anybody you are trying to convert to a Bradley Smoker!

AND as Hal has reminded us in the past -

When you begin a smoke...

Always run your finger in one of those greasy smoker crevices (that you never really clean good).  Dab your face and arms a bit.
This is war.  Act like it.
Awrighten.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

hal4uk

Quote from: Caneyscud on June 22, 2010, 08:26:00 AM
Hal, Hal, Hal, you've been away too long. 
I think you're just making those places up.
Next you'll be tryin' to tell me they turned Harding Mall into a Wal-Mart...
Or, better yet...  that y'all have an NFL team now...
Yeah, right.  Sure.  Whatever...   ::)
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby