Auber bubba puck problem

Started by Paddlinpaul, June 18, 2010, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddlinpaul

When I bought my PID which I love I also got 3 pucks from them. They seem to jam my feeder. I piled on 5 hours of pucks tonight and they fed for 3 1/2 hours no problem. I then added my bubba pucks and the feeder on the SG gets stuck. It just starts clicking away and won't advance the biscuits. I remove the bubba pucks and away it goes. I have had this problem every time I used them. I thought maybe it was the weight, that is why I waited until there was only 3 or 4 biscuits left in the tube tonight but it still happened. Any ideas?
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

classicrockgriller

I have two sets from Auber and have had no problems.

Paddlinpaul

I can see no reason why they would. They are the right diameter, hollow center so they very light in weight. I'm baffled.

squirtthecat

Where do you keep your wood pucks?   They might have swelled up in the humidity...

Paddlinpaul

Usually in the garage but the the pucks I am using tonight were purchased at 12:30 this afternoon.

FLBentRider

I have been stacking mine on top of a dozen pucks for a couple of years.

Perhaps your puck tube is a little out of alignment, and the added weight is enough to jam it?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Paddlinpaul

That is something worth looking into. When I wiggle them and push the pucks down inside the SG towards the back they then feed. Almost done smoking for tonight, i will check alignment tomorrow when I pull out the butt and picnic.

KevinG

Also look at the piece that it slides into. Brian showed a really good picture on another post where the piece moved during shipment. The circular section under the hole should be centered. Check ou this thread.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16201.msg194092#msg194092
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Smokin Soon

I had a discussion with Brian at Bradley some time ago, and he said the jury is still out on this one. Some folks have drilled holes in them to take off some weight, I have not had any problems with the original Bubba's. Thoe ones from Scott's place sure are perty though!

3rensho

Been using the Auber pucks a long time and never had a problem.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on June 18, 2010, 06:20:13 PM
When I bought my PID which I love I also got 3 pucks from them. They seem to jam my feeder. I piled on 5 hours of pucks tonight and they fed for 3 1/2 hours no problem. I then added my bubba pucks and the feeder on the SG gets stuck. It just starts clicking away and won't advance the biscuits. I remove the bubba pucks and away it goes. I have had this problem every time I used them. I thought maybe it was the weight, that is why I waited until there was only 3 or 4 biscuits left in the tube tonight but it still happened. Any ideas?

Hi Paddlinpaul

If your motor is clicking when it is trying to advance a bisquette chances are you have already stripped or worn a gear in the motor.

Brian

Paddlinpaul

Only clicks when the bubba pucks are on it. Advances otherwise. Just bought it in December, is the covered if it is a gear?

Paddlinpaul

Don't think I will be drilling holes into these. Already has one!

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Paddlinpaul on June 19, 2010, 09:29:48 AM
Only clicks when the bubba pucks are on it. Advances otherwise. Just bought it in December, is the covered if it is a gear?

Hi Paddlinpaul

Have you tried putting enough bisquettes in the feeder tube to equal the weight of the bubba pucks and see if it the motor clicks then?

I would give the office a call and have them send you out a replacement motor, your smoker is still under warranty better to have a spare on hand just in case

Brian

classicrockgriller

Once again Brian (Bradley) steps up to the plate and shows why

buying a Bradley is a joy!