candied salmon

Started by khicks, June 19, 2010, 07:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khicks

hello to everyone,

as i am new to this forum and the great world of the Bradley smoker. a friend is bringing me a bunch of fresh salmon from the west coast. looking for easy but tasty candied salmon recipes with maybe some direction on cook/smoke times. any help is always appreciated, thanks in advance

Caribou

Welcome to the forum khicks :)
I'm sure one of our resident salmon experts will have an answer for you soon.
Carolyn

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum khicks!

I haven't done candied salmon, but kummoks salmon rocks!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TestRocket

Welcome khicks,

What Carolyn (Caribou) said! Ask anything and help will come soon. But sorry I can't help you with salmon. Good luck!

tsquared

Hi Khicks--welcome to the forum. If you look at the sticky "Alaskan salmon" at the top of the fish topic page, you will find the recipe that most people have tried with great success when doing salmon. It is a winner.
T2

classicrockgriller

Hiya khicks and Welcome to the Forum.

Kummok

Welcome Khicks!
A simple mod to the "....Alaskan Salmon" recipe which should get you the results you're after is to double up on the brown sugar, OR use Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce instead of the soy or teriyaki in the recipe and you'll have some pretty sweet stuff. I even have some friends using it for smoked moose strips and loving it....had some of that on a 'Grandkids/Niece/Nephew hike' back from the beach today and it gave us the energy to outrun the bears & mosquitos UPHILL!   ;)