Talapia on the Weber

Started by DTAggie, June 19, 2010, 09:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Decided to go old fashion for some fish last night

Trusty old Weber

Talapia on cedar planks and some red bell peppers

Finished with some brown rice and steamed asparagus

Relaxing by the pool with a full belly.  We have bobcats and coyote's down in the creek.

squirtthecat

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DarqMan

The meal looks great and you have a very nice pool!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ronbeaux

Nice old school cook! I am never too far from my trusty old Weber.

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

DTAggie

Crazy this afternoon about 4 the girls hit the volleyball over the fence.  One went down to get it and said: "Something growled at me in the bushes."  I was inside getting my trunks on.  When I walked out I saw a bobcat walking along the path.  I personally enjoy the wildlife around.  Some folks freak out.

OldHickory

A very Good looking meal.  My trusty Weber is never too far away, although it is easy for me to admit that my Bradley is the easiest smoking that I have ever done.  I live in the country and lots of wildlife is the common thing around here.  Cayotes, wild boar, wildcats, and now a mountain lion has been spotted on the ranch next to me.  When I don't hear coyotes, I know the mountain lion is still in the neighborhood.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

DTAggie

Funny thing is OldHickory, I live in a city with 120,000 population.

OldHickory

That is quite a diverse neighborhood you have there in the big city.  Surprise
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

TestRocket

Although I have some cedar planks I've never used them. So they get hot enough to cook the fish and not burn? Do you soak them first or something? I see lots of wildlife at work. For the first time ever I saw four baby skunks last week walking down the side of the road. Not counting the tail they were about 6 inches long, not even a pound yet. And no I didn't try to pet them!  ;D

DTAggie

You soak the planks for about an hour.  I use them opposite side of the charcoal. 

TestRocket

DT,

Thanks, we were on a fish kick awhile back and got off of it. But you never know when it may come back around?

ArnieM

I'm all out of cedar planks.  I love them for salmon.  The Tilapia usually goes into a pan (blackened) or the deep fryer.

Looks good Aggie.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

The planks are handy on the smaller fish - keeps it from going through the grill.

DarqMan

I've never used planks but Woot has them today.  If interested check it out before midnight 6/22/2010 because the site offers one deal a day so it will change after midnight. Everything from there is shipped for $5 even if it's a TV or computer and you can buy up to three of the items for the same $5 shipping.  They also take paypal. 

http://www.woot.com
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.