Daughters Cooked For Father's Day

Started by ArnieM, June 20, 2010, 07:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Ah, a day off!

Daughter #2 did a multi-bean salad with cherry tomatoes.  Daughter #1 made a mac salad and did a lot of the chopping and cooking.

I tried not to stick my nose in but I got the pig tail flippers as a present so I had to try flipping the steaks.  They work very well.

Dinner was Angus NY strips and the salads.  Pretty simple but that's the way I like it.  It was a very pleasant day and the threatened T'Storms didn't happen.

I was teaching daughter #2 on how to do the finger test on the steaks to check for the level of doneness.  They came out good.

Dinner:
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

If that ain't love, there ain't no such thing.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

Tenpoint5

Them daughters of yours done good. You gonna love the PFF I don't go to the grill without mine.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Yeah Chris, The PFF worked well and thanks for the head's up on em.
-- Arnie

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OldHickory

That is beautiful Arnie,  and that is how Fathers should have the day off.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Caribou

What a great looking dinner :)
Glad to hear you got a little pampering Arnie  :D
Carolyn

ArnieM

Thanks Carolyn.  Yeah, one day a year.  My wife has HER birthday week, HER Mother's Day week, HER anniversary week, etc.
-- Arnie

Caribou

Quote from: ArnieM on June 21, 2010, 05:14:25 PM
Thanks Carolyn.  Yeah, one day a year.  My wife has HER birthday week, HER Mother's Day week, HER anniversary week, etc.
:D :D :D
Funny BUT true!
Carolyn

TestRocket

Quote from: Caribou on June 21, 2010, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: ArnieM on June 21, 2010, 05:14:25 PM
:D :D :D
Funny BUT true!
Carolyn

Still funny and true around here too! I didn't mind doing my part of the cooking but I'm most thankful for the girls picking up my slack in the cleaning up! Thank you babies, "Deddy" loves you! I know (sp) is wrong. But it's a southern thing and the way they said daddy when they were very young!  ;D ;D