New Smoker Showed up tonight, very, very, very bummed.

Started by waterkc, June 21, 2010, 07:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

So I came home tonight knowing my smoker would be at home when I got there ( ;D). So I get there and sure enough on the porch it a rather large box, with plastic wrap (cat in the hat reference <I's so Excited!>).

So I get the Camera, and start the unveiling. I got pics of the box in plastic, the box with out plastic, the box open, the smoker on the table, umm hey wait this is a Digital, 4 Rack in Black, what the heck I ordered a Original 4 rack in Stainless, awe man :'( . Start the re-boxing of everything and contact the seller. I was so sure tomorrow I would be smoking the two pork loins I have had soaking for a day now. Man I am bummed, carp-o-la.

I hope the vendor takes care of this and gets me a smoker asap. Just very very very bummed.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

classicrockgriller

a digital 4rk in BLACK?

Holy Smolies.

My first place I ordered mine from went out of business before they shipped mine and had to re-order from

another company.

The wait was worth it.

Soon it will be a distant memory.

waterkc

Yeah just have meat sitting and had big plans. I can recover I am sure, I am just going to drink the porter I brought home from the Brewery instead of using it for the meat.

Lol
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

That is a bummer...
Where the heck.... ---- what Arnie asked...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

shoresdiver

Not to plug any particular vendor, but the prime selling point that got me to buy my black OBS was Bass Pro's offer to refund my $ within 30 days, regardless of amount of use, and to give me store credit for life if I didn't like the thing at any time.  Can't get better customer service than that!  Of course, I can't imagine returning it -- it creates about half the food we (and much of the neighborhood) eat around here... 

As I said in a previous post, it is great to have sellers who have the confidence to sell a great product, stand behind it, and not simply try to sell the most expensive thing to a customer.  Now, after working with Bradley regarding a minor face plate problem, I know I have two layers of protection, Bradley customer service is top notch!

waterkc

To be honest I think it only fair to see how they handle things first before I mention any names. I would say that everyone has a bad day now and again, so lets chalk it up to a mistake and see how well they recover.

here are the shots, its a nice unit, just won't fit in the back yard with all the other stuff I have that is Stainless Steel. So I wanted the Stainless and the OB as I have plans for upgrades. Already have a pid and some other stuff for it.

hal4uk

Well... at least you have a nice back yard!!!
(and a nice mini-human fence!)

Good luck getting that straightened out.  Most vendors will do ya right these days. 
(they know the internet will put 'em outta business if they don't)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Well sorry to here this but like Sonny(CRG) said "Soon it will be a distant memory." And that is an awesome looking backyard. How about some pics of that for now.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

Hi waterkc,

Welcome to the forum.

I believe Bradley stopped making the stainless steel OBS several months ago. Some retailers may still have them in stock, but that is a long shot. I hope you get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

waterkc

Ok so now that I have heard back from JacksCountry Store (umm yeah that is who it had a bad day). I can't say enough on how well they have handled this. Christy is just TOTALLY AWESOME! (Bolt Movie Reference). I have the Mini Humans as you can tell ;D.

Here is how she decided to handle it:
    Sending a new me the right unit and will do there best to get it here asap
    Fedex will be out to pick up the other unit tomorrow
    Sending me 120 Count of the Hickory Biscuits, along with some cash back for the hassel.
Holly Crap they are my new favorite vendor to deal with.

Thanks for the Back Yard Comments. I have been in the house for about 6 years, and it was with the pool when we moved in. The placement of the pool equipment was not well thought out if you ask me. I added the grommet-fence and changed some of the plants, all the freak-in sprinklers (argh! - as I just had some go out on me this weekend) and then added our own furniture. I can post a few more shots of the back yard for sure, thanks for the compliments. I am also going to move the pool equipment this year to behind the water fall, as where it sits now is where I am going to build the Built-in BBQ\6 Tap Bar\Smoker\Dual Sink\Fridge Island. I want to cover it with the same type rock that the waterfall is made of. So it should blend in nicely. Its going to take a while as I am doing all the work my self, between a full time job and the Brewery there is not much free time. Once I get things moving I will post some more pic's.

waterkc

I just got a follow up call from a very nice young lady at Jacks Country Storewhere she informed me that I will not be getting the OBS as no one has them. Shoot, shoot, shoot! So I am going to receive a DB-SS instead. I will just have to suffer with that I guess. I had such high hopes for PID installed in the Smoke Generator, but alas. I will have to do with what is there I guess, :D. I can't wait to get it. I have to say that they have done a great job of helping me so far. I would recommend them to anyone.

So why-o-why did Bradley get ride of them?

classicrockgriller

TestRocket

I'm thinking we should help waterkc plan a pool party! Is it just me?

KyNola

Waterkc,
If that DB-SS means a Bradley Digital in stainless steel, I don't think they make the Bradley in a stainless exterior.  The interior is stainless.  It sounds like they're going to ship you exactly what you received the first time.  You might want to check on that.