New Smoker Showed up tonight, very, very, very bummed.

Started by waterkc, June 21, 2010, 07:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Hang in there, you will love whatever model you end up with.

TTNuge

Quote from: waterkc on June 21, 2010, 09:43:32 PM
To be honest I think it only fair to see how they handle things first before I mention any names. I would say that everyone has a bad day now and again, so lets chalk it up to a mistake and see how well they recover.

here are the shots, its a nice unit, just won't fit in the back yard with all the other stuff I have that is Stainless Steel. So I wanted the Stainless and the OB as I have plans for upgrades. Already have a pid and some other stuff for it.

Are my eyes giving out or am I missing something.... isn't that Bradley in the picture Stainless?  Doesn't look black to me.  Not the first time I've been confused.

classicrockgriller

The sides and back are Black.

Specifications
Shipping Box Weight: 42 lbs
Shipping Box Dimensions: 34" H x 20" W x 18" D
Construction - Exterior: Powder Epoxy Steel
Construction - Interior: Polished Stainless Steel
Internal Cooking Vol: 2288 cu in
Internal Heater: 500 watt cooking element / 125 watt smoking element
Power: 120 V 50 - 60 Hz , - 5.5 Amps (240 Volt Model TBA)
ETL & CE Listed
Max Temperature: Controllable up to 280F.
Min Temp: subject to ambient temperature
Digital Controls: Temperature, Time, Smoke
Adjustable racks: 4 racks (11" X 13" cooking space each)
Warranty: 12 Months from data of original purchase
Includes:User Guide
  Recipe Booklet
  Comes with Rectangular Tray and Drip Bowl
  Bisquettes not included

TTNuge

ananomoly

FLBentRider

According to the Original Post, A Stainless Steel OBS was ordered, and a Digital was received.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

waterkc

So I did originally order a OBS Stainless Steel Unit. I received a Digital Black Cabinet\Silver Front unit. So that is what I was bummed about. I am hoping that Bradley offers what I was told I am getting. I have to say you guys know more then I. So I hope the vendor does. To be totally honest  I am not sure. I can only go with what I am told. They did offer me a Stainless Steel DB 4rk. So I am hoping that what I see on Friday.

I have to say that I am noticing that I am looking around and not seeing anything close to a SS Smoker. So I will check with vendor, ahh dang it.

Still will be happy with this if that's all they do.

Thanks Lad's

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

classicrockgriller

Quote from: waterkc on June 22, 2010, 05:49:43 PM
So I did originally order a OBS Stainless Steel Unit. I received a Digital Black Cabinet\Silver Front unit. So that is what I was bummed about. I am hoping that Bradley offers what I was told I am getting. I have to say you guys know more then I. So I hope the vendor does. To be totally honest  I am not sure. I can only go with what I am told. They did offer me a Stainless Steel DB 4rk. So I am hoping that what I see on Friday.

I have to say that I am noticing that I am looking around and not seeing anything close to a SS Smoker. So I will check with vendor, ahh dang it.

Still will be happy with this if that's all they do.

Thanks Lad's

Tell them you will give them $150 for the one you have now so they won't have to ship it back and

discount it cause it was open.

Then I will send you $225 for the one coming in which will be like the one you have now,

and you ship it to me. ;D

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello WaterKC

We do not make a 4 rack Digital Smoker in Stainless Steel.

The BTDS76P which is what is in your picture has SS on the inside and Powder coated Steel black in color on the outside
just as CRG posted.

I am not sure whats Jacks Country Store is sending you on Friday.

The SS Smokers (BTSTO2) where replaced by the BTDS76P but were not made in a SS model.

Brian

waterkc

So that is that, I am going to plug this thing and get it seasoned.

So here is a shot out the back door.

Here is a shot looking right

From the Wall looking back left

Looking from back corner at house

Better shot of the Pool

Stupid Pool Equipment Location

New Location of Pool Equipment

So that is it, now to fire up and season the Bradley. Thanks for the help "Bradley (Head Office)" .  I am ready for a Party at my place when ever you guys are. Man I am glad my address is not listed here. Although I am sure CaptainKM could get that out really quick,  :o

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

classicrockgriller

The Bradley DS is a GREAT smoker.

I have an OBS and a Digital 6 rk and another.

When you put the PID with the DB, it is a cooker.

If you are lazy and and have things that you are going to site watch, it is a cooker.

Get your extra $$ and you did good.

waterkc

Hey I have to agree its a great box, just not what I thought I was getting. I don't mean to sound like I don't like it. I am sure I will as its a great smoker. Like I stated before I have many a great meals out of CaptainKM's DB-6rk.

Now not to again bitch, but if you notice in the one of the photos that the Panel appears to be in a bit crooked, well it is. That to me is just not paying attention to detail. I am sure its and easy fix, but heck you spend $4-bills on something you shouldn't have to make adjustments to the fit and finish right?

So with that said, I fired it up and its cycling now.

One the Temp Table

First Power On

40 Minutes in to it and its @ 320 with and ambient of 81 out side. The cabinet temp was at 81 when I turned it on.

DTAggie

Heck in one of those pictures I thought the pool filter was a Bubba Keg or Big Green Egg

waterkc

Hehe, Yeah My floks have a Japanese Hibatchi that we got when I was 4 and living on Japan. Its the boom-shizzel.  ::)

So question on the seasoning the rig, I would assume ( I know bad, bad, bad ) you just run it a cycle. Do I need to add wood or anything? Maybe I missed that in the Owners Manual?

Thanks Gents for all the support and kind words.

DTAggie