Heat Problem II

Started by tprothro, June 21, 2010, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tprothro

Bought my DBS two weeks ago and have had problems with the heating element not working properly.  It either will not work when I turn it on or will quit working in the middle of a smoke (ie, the temp continues to fall).  Tech support suggested I plug directly into the back of the tower to test the element, the element lit up perfectly.  I then replugged in normally and let it cool, then turned it on and the element lit up perfectly.  I waited 4 hours, came home (without touching anything) and it would not come on after 30 minutes set at 280 degrees.  Called tech support and she would only say the short cord connection must be bad and I must make sure it is clean and plugged in well.  I told her I did not do anything to it since it worked and she repeated her mantra. ( I did check and make sure it is clean and firmly plugged in)  Later this evening it started working again and maintained 210 to 170 degrees while empty and set to 200 degrees.

Any help would be appreciated.  I asked her if a new short cord would help and she said she doubted it.

I am not sure what to do, but currently it is unreliable and thinking of taking it back, but don't want to.   I did check the voltage with a multimeter and it was 120 volts at the smoker input, the smoker output and the tower input.

Thanks to everyone!

classicrockgriller

Again Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Call back tomorrow and talk to Brian.

Tell him you are a Forum member and you need help.

He is a good guy and will fix you up.

Just sounds like something is not good and tight.

Where abouts in E Texas are you?

tprothro

Tyler, Texas.  Rose Capital of the World and home of Earl Campbell "the Tyler Rose".  Only hit 97 degrees today   :o

tprothro

How do I reach Brian?  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Dial the same number, and ask if Brian is in his office and if you can speak with him. I have a feeling he may be on vacation; I haven't seem many of his posts lately. He monitors this forum and frequently will provide assistance through this forum.

Maybe the problem is in the circuit board. It appears the oven timer, or thermostat is turning the element on and off at no particular set point.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Tyler,

Broke down in Tyler one pulling a boat.  Had to change a gas pump out at 3 in the morning on the side of the road.  

But on the bright side - I dated a Miss Tyler Texas for a short time.  Lovely girl, then her eyesight came back and dumped me.  

Hope this problem gets fixed fast.  Bradley Service is superb.  I'm like CRG sounds like something did not get tightened down.  She is right about the cords though - the first few times they don't always seat well and causes many to think their smoker is defective. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

tpro, I am just south of you, Livingston.

And EzSmoker if from Texarkana.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: tprothro on June 21, 2010, 10:46:30 PM

Hi Tprothro

You can reach me by calling 1-800-665-4188 and ask the girl to transfer you to me
just a note sometimes I can be tough to get a hold off, I hate sitting at a desk  ;D

Brian

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on June 22, 2010, 06:35:36 PM
Quote from: tprothro on June 21, 2010, 10:46:30 PM

Hi Tprothro

You can reach me by calling 1-800-665-4188 and ask the girl to transfer you to me
just a note sometimes I can be tough to get a hold off, I hate sitting at a desk  ;D

Brian

Thanks Brian for taking care of a "Fellow Texan" and a Bradley owner.