Jerky screens

Started by Toker, June 24, 2010, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: toker on June 24, 2010, 07:24:42 PM
But these days Toker is down his setup is capout until next week or 2 >:(

???????

Wassup with that?

What can we do to get you up and running again?

KevinG

That doesn't sound good, what happened?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Toker

Bah... nothing, it's just my indoor setup. My pipe that drive the smoke out of my apartment broke and my in line fan was sucking my heat. Can't not allow myself to have a air gap cause I'm smoking in my kitchen as you know. Just did not have time to go to Canadian Tire to shop for new pieces. Anyway my friend is suppose to come for my fan and for my 2ND elements soon so he will fix it at the same time.

DTAggie

What?  Smoking in your kitchen in an apartment?  Dude you rock!!

Toker

I know  ;D easier this way I'm a bit lazy and in wheelchair.

classicrockgriller

Let me know if I can help!

Toker

No thx, not this time Sonny you helped already with the shroud. If i need help i will call you don't worry.

classicrockgriller

They may be someone close to you on the forum that can help.

This is a great place and help is around the corner!

Toker

I don't know anyone here in my area who own a Bradley smoker. So much that when i was using it outside, people were ringing at my door to tell me something like ``hey man your little fridge is burning.`` I had to explain them that it is a smoker. Over here people only seems to know BBQ eventhout they are selling it at Canadian Tire. And i still need to find something for stiffener for the fan.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: toker on June 25, 2010, 12:22:19 AM
I don't know anyone here in my area who own a Bradley smoker. So much that when i was using it outside, people were ringing at my door to tell me something like ``hey man your little fridge is burning.`` I had to explain them that it is a smoker. Over here people only seems to know BBQ eventhout they are selling it at Canadian Tire. And i still need to find something for stiffener for the fan.

I will send you a pic of mine.

Just a 1/8 x 1 metal bar that is the width of the cabinet.

Cost me $6 for two, top and bottom.

toker, the fan is good, but not a biggie for smokin/cookin good Q.

Maybe for jerky.

classicrockgriller

actually it was 1/8 x 3/4 bar stock.

Toker

Thx for the info just not sure about the bending the ends or something that you told me the other day. Maybe i did not understood correctly?

classicrockgriller

After I got the width that i wanted ... I bowed it and then put the bow against the wall of the Bradley to stiffen it. (the Bradley wall)

IMO if the bar bows out away from the cabinet, it doesn't serve any purpose.

Again I will be happy to send pics.

Toker

And i will be happy to take a look at it  ;) even if i think i understood the principe. An other question, did you drill some holes for screws in the middle or just at both ends and does the scare housing should fit under or over it?

classicrockgriller

toker, I don't understand 'scare" housing.