How long for Meatballs.

Started by KEABOS63, June 30, 2010, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEABOS63

I have a bunch of bacon wrapped meatballs in the BD6 right now. I put a small chunk of sharp cheddar in the middle of them as well. Any time estimates? Temp to cook to? Any help will be much appreciated.

Keabos63

classicrockgriller

225* or so

1 to 1 1/2 hrs of smoke

Till bacon gets crispy enough to eat or finish them under the oven broiler

Put in the upper 1/2 of the smoker and probaly need to rotate once.

Vent 1/2 to 3/4 open

cook time in bradley, 2 to 3 hrs.

KevinG

Could you get a little more specific CRG  ;D :D ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Kevin, go get another beer  ;D

CRG was probably generalizing a bit; the vent could be 7/16 to 13/16 open  8)

I go by look and touch on the small stuff.  How firm is the meatball?  More firm, more done.

Tried and true is take one out and cut it in half.  If the meat looks like it's done to your liking but the bacon isn't, then yeah go with the broiler or a 475 oven for a few minutes.

I doubt if anyone will complain about the finished product.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KevinG on June 30, 2010, 06:24:23 PM
Could you get a little more specific CRG  ;D :D ;D

Yep, WE NEED PICS!

classicrockgriller

If it's wrapped in Bacon ...... It is gonna be GOOD!

KEABOS63

You guys rock! Totally the info I was looking for. Basically just a little reassurance. I'm trying to get a battery for my phone and the wife is at Walmart looking for one right now. Hopefully she finds one and we'll all be able to see my product.

Thanks again

Keabos63

TestRocket

KEABOS63, you are right "the info was good" but sometimes just sitting back and watching the razing is even better! I've gotta give a ½ point lead to ArnieM so far. And 2 hours of smoke and finish on a hot grill for 5-15 minutes worked for me! Enjoy  :)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TestRocket on June 30, 2010, 07:10:55 PM
KEABOS63, you are right “the info was good” but sometimes just sitting back and watching the razing is even better! I’ve gotta give a ½ point lead to ArnieM so far. And 2 hours of smoke and finish on a hot grill for 5-15 minutes worked for me! Enjoy  :)

1/2 point lead to Arnie?

Hope your next Test Rocket fails.  ;D

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on June 30, 2010, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: TestRocket on June 30, 2010, 07:10:55 PM
KEABOS63, you are right "the info was good" but sometimes just sitting back and watching the razing is even better! I've gotta give a ½ point lead to ArnieM so far. And 2 hours of smoke and finish on a hot grill for 5-15 minutes worked for me! Enjoy  :)

1/2 point lead to Arnie?

Hope your next Test Rocket fails.  ;D

Sonny, come on up and see me.  I'll show ya how to apply a few meatballs - toothpicks and all.  ;D
-- Arnie

KEABOS63

To all,
The meatballs came out perfect with a crisp bacon outside and a smoky meatball inside in about 2 hours of cherry smoke. Perfect for the family while the bird is finishing up and the butt is getting ready,

ArnieM

Glad the balls came out good.   :D  It only gets easier from here on.
-- Arnie

TestRocket

CRG, Vacation Test Schedule Test Report: First test launch was a complete success. Further testing is scheduled and no foreseen weather delays are anticipated.

ArnieM, Thanks for the encouragement!