2nd inline fuse wirering

Started by Toker, July 03, 2010, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

OK lets make sure i understood... take this topic its an (old discussion that we had a while ago) on your 1ST reply, you provided a nice picture. Lets take this one by example 

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=14896.0

If i understand, you want me to disconnect these 3  left white wires from the faceplate (those that make a kind of T shape) and with a wire nut joining them together (so that mean the 2 wires at the right, the red and the white will stay connected to the same connector? But once I've disconnected the 3 that you want me to, where on the plug do i plug them?

You could use the 2ND picture of this post to answer me please I'm very visual.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16299.msg197771#msg197771  Again THX  for your time.

Habanero Smoker

When I hooked up mine, I decided not to by pass the temperature controller, and installed an on/off switch for the second element. That way I could turn off the second element, not hook up my DigiQ II and still control the original element from the faceplate.

You will not have to plug them into anything, just connect them together. You will by pass the temperature controller. The two longer neutral wires already connects the neutral post of the original element to the heating source. One long wire runs from the element to the temperature controller, the other long wire already runs from the temperature controller to the neutral post of the power source (plug). So if you disconnect those two wires from the face plate and connect them together with a wire nut that will complete the circuit. If you want the pilot light to work to indicate when their is power going through the circuit, you must connect all three wires together.

In order to connect the wires together you may have to cut off the connectors, strip about 1/4" of insulation off the wires and connect them together with a wire nut.

This is not a picture of the wiring of what you want to do, but it shows what a wire nut is and how it is used to connect wires together:
Wiring Nut

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

ALLRIGHT I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD!! hurray for Habs and his GREAT PATIENCE for explaining an almost idiot guy!  ;D THX REALLY MUCH! REALLY APPRECIATED!!

Habanero Smoker

I'll tell you a secret, but keep it between you and me. :)

When I was first hooking mine up, I must have sent Mike (Mr. Walleye) at least a few dozen PM's before I finally understood how what I was doing.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Toker

Now it will be fixed really soon  ;D Tuesday, i fixed my indoor setting. I'M back smoking in my kitchen. Now i only need to buy a wire nut, i will shop for it today and probably cooking my 1st rack of ribs of 2010 tomorrow or so. thx again!

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.

TestRocket

Toker

THX man but it should not be difficult to do now that i understood  :D