Great 4th

Started by Sorce, July 04, 2010, 09:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorce

Just wanted to thank everyone on the forums for everything you guys do. Went to a party this 4th and needed to bring a side. Decided to go with something that people could snack on before the meal. Went with the Mooink balls I've seen several post on before. (No pics, bad me, I beg forgiveness I was in a rush.) Bought some meat balls and bacon from sams, rolled the meatballs in some all purpose rub and then wrapped them in bacon. Did 2 racks that way and filled a 3rd rack with just meatballs that had rub on them. Smoked them for 1:20 with cherry, after the bacon crisped up I dipped them in BBQ sauce and let that caramelize a bit.

Took them to the party and had complete strangers coming up to me telling me how much they loved the meatballs. I made around 90 to take to the party, when we left that was only a single one left. The main course for the evening was pulled pork, which wasn't smoked btw. I was informed by the wife later that my pork was much better. The pork was very good but missing that smoke flavor, I think my wife may be coming to terms with my new found smoke addiction. Although she said she fully expects to wake up tomorrow to smoked doughnuts.

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributes on this forum for the help and advice as well as sharing recipes and experiences. Happy 4th of July everyone.

hal4uk

Happy 4th!

Make sure and get pics of the SMOKED DOUGHNUTS!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

Awesome Scorce.  Need to try those moink balls