Planked Talapia on the Gasser

Started by ArnieM, July 08, 2010, 07:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

ArnieM

Quote from: DTAggie on July 08, 2010, 08:34:48 PM
Dang you are a real critic

That's the idea of doing an honest review; the good, the bad and the ugly.  I can't say all is wonderful just because I got it for free.  BTW, the supplier liked the review  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

Ka Honu

Quote from: ArnieM on July 08, 2010, 07:55:59 PMEasy KH.  Maybe next time I'll have your uncle bert walk the plank 

Sorry, Arnie, but we have a heavy cultural bias against tilapia in Hawaii (since they thrive in every foul water venue we have - places you wouldn't even think of swimming in).  Alan Wong (one of those world famous chef guys) wanted to try serving them in his Honolulu restaurant.  No one would order tilapia so he changed the name on the menu to "Lake Wilson Opakapaka" (sort of a local joke - Lake Wilson is a reservoir occasionally stocked with catfish).  I'd rather eat boiled ribs.

DTAggie

Interesting Ka Honu.   I never knew.

SnellySmokesEm

Man not a lot of love for Talapia.  :-\ ???  I personally like talapia when I'm in a pintch.  It's quick, easy, cheap and versitile.  Whats not to love about that.  You can fry it, smoke it, grill it broil it.  I have made some good smoked fish dip with it.  In other works, great job Arnie!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist