Bubba Keg brisket cook with Stoker

Started by DarqMan, July 10, 2010, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

Some of you are following my Stoker cook on Twitter.  The cook just started about 15 minutes ago and the first tweet sent.  However, all my testing was with the stoker only and I'm using StokerLog to follow the cook from the comfort of my recliner.  Apparently the Stoker won't send a tweet when the StokerLog has control of it so I've switched over to sending tweets with StokerLog. I'm sending them every 15 minutes.  If that's too annoying I'll cut it back to every half hour.

So far the fire has climbed a bit over target but I've added more fuel as I antisipate a longer cook with the brisket.

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

squirtthecat

My phone has buzzed a couple times already!   That is so cool.   Talk about your remote monitoring..

For you non-twitter types - this is what it looks like:

DarqMan

Thanks for the screen shot Pat.  I know CRG and several other don't do Twitter so it's cool they can see the output.

I've cut the target temp back to 200 as it's running much hotter than I'd like.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

squirtthecat

Looks to be 214° right now according to it's handy-dandy website.

I'll get a screen shot of that as well..

KyNola

DarqMan

If you're logged into the stoker, the page refreshes itself every couple minutes so there's no need to hit refresh.

classicrockgriller

And I thought I was Lazy! ;D

Pretty Kewl!

squirtthecat

Screen shot from the stoker's built in web server:

(I promise not to touch any of your settings!)

begolf25

Nothing like being able to follow someone else's cooks degree by degree! I think that is the true definition of bbq addicts...lol

DarqMan

I'm sitting in my recliner typing a message and the doorbell rings.  That's unusual... hummm.  It's a guy out campaigning for his friend who's running for judge in Logan county.  First thing he asks about is the bubba keg so of course I've got to show it to him.  His mind was blown when I told him you could follow the progress and update settings on the internet.  

classicrockgriller

Somebody needs to send Suyi a link to this for a new PID for the Bradley.

TTNuge

Big temp drop.... if you're looking you ain't cooking!

DarqMan

I had to temporarily abort.  I'm reworking some things and will be back up in a little while with details on my mistake.

DarqMan

We're back online. 

All my tests were without food and it's different with a load of food. I didn't listen to Ron and get a cheap grill to cover the fire. The drippings from the brisket put the fire out... duh!  So, I've restarted the fire, moved the brisket to the top rack and put a drip pan underneath.  A stupid silly mistake and I should have known better.  Let's see how things work out this time. As Benny Hill would say, "Learning all the time, learning all the time". ;D

squirtthecat

I saw the same thing and thought 'he left the lid open then the doorbell rang'!

Oh, it looks like he is back in business..

Smoker started at: 11:13.45