Bubba Keg brisket cook with Stoker

Started by DarqMan, July 10, 2010, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

I been watching and imagining whats going on over there.  Looks like you got your hands full.  The ease of pellet cooking wins again. ;)

DarqMan

Quote from: TTNuge on July 10, 2010, 02:45:16 PM
I been watching and imagining whats going on over there.  Looks like you got your hands full.  The ease of pellet cooking wins again. ;)

Trent, I couldn't have said it better. It's on the Traeger now.  I'm not giving up.  A minor setback and I will play another day. 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ronbeaux

Rookie ;D

I'm thowing on a pork butt tonight and going to bed using the Bubba with no gadgets. I'm not getting up at 0200 for a report either.

See ya at 0600 when I pull it out to rest.

;D

Just funnin with ya! The best part is learning how! You gained valuable experience with the new cooker that every body on the other forum is going through now since it is so new.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

DarqMan

Oh man, I laughed my a$$ off when I read that.  Because I had to agree, you're right.... ROOKIE on the Bubba.  I know you can do it without gadgets but where's the fun in that??  ;D 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DarqMan

Ron, you'll have to show me the ropes at the TSO!!

squirtthecat

Cut a hole in the BK and mount the Traeger firebox on it!  Best of both worlds!

I had to turn off the mobile notifications from the Stoker's Twitter feed.   Couldn't keep up.   ;)

Like you said - it's a learning experience!

DarqMan

Quote from: squirtthecat on July 10, 2010, 04:21:45 PM

Cut a hole in the BK and mount the Traeger firebox on it!  Best of both worlds!

I had to turn off the mobile notifications from the Stoker's Twitter feed.   Couldn't keep up.   ;)

Like you said - it's a learning experience!

There's a lot I'll do differently next time.  That was my first rodeo!

begolf25

Darq,

You will get it, just takes some time.

Before i got my CyberQ I did a few overnight cooks on the Primo. Once I got the temps dialed in they never moved more than a few degrees. I had temp swings a lot bigger than that on my Traeger.

DarqMan

Quote from: begolf25 on July 10, 2010, 04:36:05 PM
Darq,

You will get it, just takes some time.

Before i got my CyberQ I did a few overnight cooks on the Primo. Once I got the temps dialed in they never moved more than a few degrees. I had temp swings a lot bigger than that on my Traeger.

Thanks Bryan.  I've seen some of your cooks and they are impressive.

ronbeaux

I've been out in the pool watching just a wiff of smoke coming out the top now for at least two hours now. I'm getting pickled both inside and outside. See you guys in the morning.............
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

I have been busy (non smoking) and just saw the operation is Shut Down?

I know you will get that Baby dialed in and it will be just awesome.

You may need to bring that to TSO so that we can show the World what we are cookin'.

SnellySmokesEm

Man DM, the stoker is awesome!  What a way to merge technology and smoking.  I still cant come to grips with being able to control your smoker remotely from the internet!!!  Way cool.  Better luck next time with you brisket.  You'll have it nailed in no time!!!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

DarqMan

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on July 12, 2010, 12:57:02 PM
Man DM, the stoker is awesome!  What a way to merge technology and smoking.  I still cant come to grips with being able to control your smoker remotely from the internet!!!  Way cool.  Better luck next time with you brisket.  You'll have it nailed in no time!!!

I just got home and stopped at the dollar store on the way and picked up a cheapo grill for a heat deflector.  I'm following Ron's instructions on the fire this time.  I've got a rack of St. Louis style pork ribs ready to go this time.  I was a bit bummed with the brisket but I'll get it.

Smokin Soon

I got my eyes on this also. This is some really cool stuff!  ;D

squirtthecat

That's the spirit!   We'll be following you!  (literally..)