Babybacks and spare ribs

Started by _Bear_, July 10, 2010, 01:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Hi guys, I hav'nt been around in a while, thought I would drop in and say hi. Just put 3 racks of baby backs and 3 racks of spare ribs in the smoker using Tenpoint5's recipe. Hav'nt used the smoker in a few months, been busy with the race car and other things, sure am looking forward to some good ribs. Also needed to drop in and thank Tenpoint5 for the great monthly newsletter, it's great and am waiting for it every month, keep up the great work.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

classicrockgriller

Good to hear from ya Bear.

Chris does a great job on the newsletter and it is very much appreciated.

Let us know how the ribs turned out!

_Bear_

About 2 hrs in, had to open it up to swap some trays around, there are 6 trays full, I just ain't very good with the camera  ;D

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

KevinG

Now THAT'S how you load a Bradley.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

I'm with Kevin on the load  :D  Now close the dang door and get on with it.  Looks good.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

_Bear_

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

Smokin Soon

Yep, that's the *money shot*. Good job!!! ;D

hal4uk

Looks great, Bear!
Which came out best?  (babys or spares?)
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

_Bear_

The spares are definatly more "fall apart", they were coming apart getting them out of the racks, but the backs are nice and tender as well, so I just buy what ever is cheapest LOL. I am going to do another full load this week, I am having a meal for my sponsers as a thanks next weekend at the race track, and they were very specific about wanting my smoked ribs LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycBJkJqB9MY

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

classicrockgriller

You haven't missed a lick being away from the Smoker!

They just look like $$.

After giving your sponsors some of them ribs, you may just get more $$ for next year!

Nice going Bear!

_Bear_

Thanks, and more money is always good, it means going faster LOL. These guys deserve it, I have been out of work for 17 months, I was not going to run the car this year, a bunch of racing buddies, even some without buisness basicly said shut up and race and started writing me checks. I got back to work here and things are definatly looking up, so the least I can do is feed them (and their familys) so much their reaction times on the light and cars slow down because they are so full of ribs, gives me a better chance of winning LOL  ;D

And about me being away from the smoker for a while, that is the beauty of these things, simple to use and when you get good recipies and directions from here, it's almost Bear proof LOL
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

classicrockgriller

The "Winning" edge is whatever it takes.

Is good to see ya and hope you don't wait so long to come back.

Habanero Smoker

Glad to see you posting again, and to hear you are racing. The ribs look good. Cheap ribs are fine. I prefer spareribs, just make sure they have enough meat on them and not too much surface fat. I always check by squeezing the package. Avoid the "enhanced" ribs; they tend to be the cheapest and they generally have an after taste.

It's unusual that the spares will get done before the baby backs. Even it they are thin, the meat is tougher and spares need time for the collagen (connective tissue) to break down.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

_Bear_

Well, another 17 lbs in the fridge overnight ready to go in tomorrow
. I think I found a good way to reheat them at the track. I  am vacuum sealing everything, so I will take out my old turky deep fryer, fill it with water and get it boiling and throw them in. I tried it tonight and it seems to work real well, comes out just as good as fresh from the smoker.

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

TestRocket

Hello Bear,

From the looks of the inside of your Bradley I can see it's not your first trial run! Good luck feeding those that are helping feed your need for speed!