Thursday Dinner - Cheap Beef Sirloin

Started by ArnieM, July 15, 2010, 10:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I got the sirloin on sale.  It looked a little tough.  Gave it a coating of CT and some "meat rub" I had in stock.  Then pounded the dickens out of it with the 48 pin needler thingy.  It sat on the counter for about an hour.  Had to guard it from the cats.

Potatoes went onto the Weber gasser at about 500. They sit in a swing suspended from the cover.  I usually grill at 500-550.

Then the zucchini with a light OO coating and NePaS' secret powder went on.

I have to tell you - the pig tail flipper worked great on the potatoes (flipped after 30 minutes), the zucchini and the steak.

The steak was 2-2-2 and came out pretty well for what it was.

The best part was no pots to clean up.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

Damn, now I'm hungry again.  Beautiful, once more, Arnie!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

Looks good Arnie, I would never have guessed you could use a pigtail flipper on a potato.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Gus,

See this issue of the newsletter for a review of the flipper.  The thing works amazingly well on any fairly firm food.

http://www.susanminor.org/users/Hab/Executable_Files/Forum_Newsletters/Forum_Newsletter_Vol2_Issue4_Apr_2010.pdf
-- Arnie

TestRocket

The only problem I see is you need a little cheese and bacon bits on that potato. But hey I would be happy as is!

ArnieM

Quote from: TestRocket on July 16, 2010, 09:22:56 PM
The only problem I see is you need a little cheese and bacon bits on that potato. But hey I would be happy as is!

Sounds good.  I try not to get to decadent.  As my doctor says, "Please pay before you leave".
-- Arnie