Tragedy!!!

Started by Uncle Pigfat, July 21, 2010, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT-MO

Bradley really needs to get their quality up to par or they will be hurting from all this. The more this happens the more this will discourage potential buyers.
I love my bradley smoker, makes some awsome food, but I honestly can't recommend it to anyone until this is fixed. If I do recommend it, I have a very good chance the faceplate will crack or other plastic parts and that doesn't make my word on it any good. I would have to recommend them to use another brand of smoker, even if it isn't all automated, at least they will not have to constantely worry about it cracking or fix issues.

This has been going on for at least a half a year now, you think the new bradleys rolling out of production would be using another face plate by now. I think plastic is fine in the face plate, but it needs to be a better plastic. The current stuff seems too brittle and easily crumbles or cracks with just my hands.

I know someone may come along and mention that this may not be happening to everyone and they may be right. However, it is happening to often and I think it is more common than we think.

Anyways glad to see it is still under warrenty and I now bradely CS will hook you up quickly with parts, they are excellent at that.
Hope you enjoy your DBS.

classicrockgriller

JT-MO, did you do the front feet fix that takes the weight off the face plate?

JT-MO

I don't worry about the face plate any more, it's cracked in many places, but even the feet fix won't stop the door from cracking. By the way to answer your question, I have not put the feet on, bradley didn't send me any when I got the new face plate.

The whole point is none of us should have to go through this. It should hold up a little better than this. I think my face plate cracked within a month, and door shortly after, maybe sooner as I didn't notice it until like my 3rd smoke. Although even with those issues it still works fine and I keep smoking with it :)

Uncle Pigfat

Got my new door today. That was quick!  It's on and ready to smoke again.  I had an old tube of kitchen/bathroom silicon laying around so I sealed my faceplate crack on the inside before putting it back on.  The new feet are on and hopefully preventing further degradation.  Seeing Orson (what I call my OBS) back together almost made me regret buying the BDS.  Almost.