Pork RIB HELP !

Started by tvp, July 23, 2010, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvp

Please Help ! need info

OK so need to know what flavor pucks to put in and how many ?? for 6 racks of Pork Ribs

Smoked at 210 deg F .

and for how long , time wise

Thanks for any Help

TVP ???

ArnieM

Check out the link here for the basics:  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?581-How-To-Make-Ribs-in-a-Bradley

Time?  Who knows.  That's a large load and the temp will drop when you put them in.  It's a matter of how far the meat has pulled back on the bone and how tender they are.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

tvp

That Part i get , but what is the best combo of flavor pucks to use and how long to smoke ?

Thanks
TVP

KyNola

Pork ribs you say?  Ain't no wood but HICKORY for about 2 hours and forty minutes for pork ribs in Kentucky.  Arnie's right, those ribs are done when you see the meat pulled back from the end of the bones about 1/2 inch or so.  I'm guessing 6-7 hours for a load that big but the key is the "bone slip".

Hint for you, preheat your Bradley as high as you can get it because when you open that door to put in that much cold meat your tower temp is going to drop to nothing and will take forever to come back up.  Let it go full blast until the tower temp gets close to the temp you want to cook at and reset accordingly.

tvp

Cool Thanks for the tip....Hickory it is !

TVP

Habanero Smoker

I mainly smoke/cook spare ribs, and I don't go so heavy on the smoke. I like about 1:40 - 2:00 hours of pecan. Pecan is very similiar to hickory, but a little lighter.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ArnieM

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 23, 2010, 02:11:45 PM
Pecan is very similiar to hickory, but a little lighter.

That's cause you're from up north Habs.  Us southerners (southern CT here) use hickory  ;D

Another test for 'done' is to stick a toothpick in the meat between the bones to see how tender it is.  The 'final' test is to cut one off and eat it  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KyNola

Quote from: ArnieM on July 23, 2010, 02:55:29 PM

That's cause you're from up north Habs.  Us southerners (southern CT here) use hickory  ;D

Another test for 'done' is to stick a toothpick in the meat between the bones to see how tender it is.  The 'final' test is to cut one off and eat it  :D

Arnie,  good one! :D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: ArnieM on July 23, 2010, 02:55:29 PM

You have to admit, us northerners are beginning to know our Que. It was IQue. a Massachusetts team that took Grand Championship at the Jack Daniel's - 2009.  ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Uncle Pigfat

Personally, I like 3 hours of smoke with an apple/hickory combo.  1 hickory for every 3 apple pucks.  But you do what tastes best to you.   

TestRocket

Quote from: Uncle Pigfat on July 24, 2010, 05:28:34 AM
Personally, I like 3 hours of smoke with an apple/hickory combo.  1 hickory for every 3 apple pucks.  But you do what tastes best to you.   

I like this combo too! And think the 3-2-1 will not work because of the amount of meat. I've only done 2 racks once and they took right at 7 hours. Good luck!

Uncle Pigfat

oops, I actually meant to write 1 hickory for every 2 apple.  Hickory apple apple hickory and so forth.