Newbie here..On problem with my OBS

Started by AdamsSC, July 24, 2010, 01:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamsSC

Got my unit earlier this week, and smoked a 13 lb turkey today.  It came out good for my first try, but I noticed a problem with my unit.  The bottom plastic cover over the temperture contol below where you open the door has cracked (2 places)  Is this covered in my warranty?  I hope so!

Otherwise, good product.

KevinG

Yep, give Bradley a call, they'll send you out another one.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

GusRobin

Should be. Call Bradley Monday morning and you will probably have it by mid to the end of the week.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

classicrockgriller

Adam Hiya and Welcome to the Forum!

Like Gus and Kevin said call Bradley and they will fix you up.

Ask them if they will send you the front feet up-date and that will solve the problem.

The weight of the front cabinet rest on the face plate and can cause it to crack.

Here's some info that might help you out! Congrats on the New Bradley.

You might want to check out our FAQ's
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748

recipe site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/

Try this link to get your pictures going.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

The instruction to replace the face plate and the front feet up-date are in the FAQ.

Uncle Pigfat

I just made a warranty claim on my OBS Thursday and received my part today. Thief customer service is excellent.

Quarlow

Quote from: Uncle Pigfat on July 24, 2010, 09:43:06 PM
I just made a warranty claim on my OBS Thursday and received my part today. Thief customer service is excellent.
I beleive he was trying to say "Their customer service". :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Uncle Pigfat

Doh!  I typed that out on my phone and clearly it had it's own ideas about Bradley's C.S.

TestRocket

Welcome AdamsSC,

Sorry for your troubles right off the bat but it looks like good advice has been given. Good luck and keep in mind help is but only a question away! 

ArnieM

Hi AdamsSC and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear about the cracks.  I've installed the "foot" modification and I'm on my third faceplate.  My warranty runs out the end of August.

One suggestion from Bradley was to drill the holes in the plastic out a bit and then not fasten the screws tightly.  Sounds good but didn't work for me.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

powrsmoker

I was looking at the old smoker the other day and noticed I had a crack on mine as well.  Looks like I will have to give them a jingle to see what the deal is.  Hopefully get the feet upgrade too.  I don't want to be constantly replacing this thing.

moodyfisherman

Quote from: powrsmoker on July 26, 2010, 06:48:51 PM
I was looking at the old smoker the other day and noticed I had a crack on mine as well.  Looks like I will have to give them a jingle to see what the deal is.  Hopefully get the feet upgrade too.  I don't want to be constantly replacing this thing.

Since I installed the new rubber feet in front all (seems) to be good with 'ole smokey'  ;D
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

DTAggie

Are they looking at modifying this design at corporate?