1st butt update

Started by got smoke, July 25, 2010, 06:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

got smoke

been in since 10:30 last night my 8# boston butt. decided on 4 hours smoke of apple and alaskan butt blast rub. I haven't got the picture thing figured out yet ::). She is sitting right at 165 deg. guessing I am at the stall temp hasn't moved for 1-2 hours. smells good having trouble not sticking a fork in it for a little piece. checked it with second probe to make sure temp is right and lovely juice bubbled out!! made a sauce up sweet and tangy for dipping that is kinda similar to bone suckin sauce, anyone use that here?

TTNuge

I just ordered and tried Bone Suckin Sauce for the first time about a week ago and LOVE it.

wkahler

Sounds like things are going good!!  Photos aren't to hard, just upload to photobucket and copy and paste the "IMG for bulletin boards & forums"  [IMG] code one!!  Then they will show up on the page, just preview your post before you post it to make sure it shows up!!

The smoking lamp is lit!!!

got smoke

wkahler thanks for the info it is the camera thingy that gets me momma got a new slr that i haven,t figured out and she isn't home to take them for me ;)

wkahler

I got you, LOL!!!!  I just pulled my three butts off the smoker and into the cooler to keep them until pulling time, will post pictures of the pull when i get it done on my posting!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

got smoke

14 hours in and at 167deg F temp is at 210 should i bump it up? it an 8#er.

TestRocket

Sounds like you got it under control there got smoke. I'm sure its going to be yummy!

TestRocket

I just did an 8 lb butt and cooking at 210 my IT at the 14 hr point was 169 deg. At 15 ½ hours I bumped the temp up to 225 degs and it took another 4 ½ hours to get to an IT of 190 degs. 23 hours total. I hope that helps.

got smoke

thanks testrocket guess I had hit the panick button a little early ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: got smoke on July 25, 2010, 08:33:34 AM
14 hours in and at 167deg F temp is at 210 should i bump it up? it an 8#er.

Sounds like you are moving out of the stall.

What time is eating time?

TestRocket

I completely understand and you're welcome. It will be good, Good luck!

got smoke

classicrockgriller I will eat anytime it is done not in a hurry just wanna get it right no plans on company just me and 8# of lovely smoked butt!!!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: got smoke on July 25, 2010, 09:17:18 AM
classicrockgriller I will eat anytime it is done not in a hurry just wanna get it right no plans on company just me and 8# of lovely smoked butt!!!

That's my kind of Smoking. No pressure!

I think if you leave things alone, it will be a learning experience.

But if you are in a hurry, bump up the temp.

Me? I'd let it ride and enjoy a cold one.

got smoke

>:(
ok found out an issue been watching internal temp and oven time was up and shut down internal temp fell to 160 help!

GusRobin

not sure what you are trying to say?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.