1st butt update

Started by got smoke, July 25, 2010, 06:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

got smoke

Ok sorry got a little excited have an internal temp probe that i have been watching and when  i checked it it has fallen to 160deg IT.

found oven had timed out cause you can only go to 9 hours and forgot to change it and the IT temp fell fro m167 to 160 now what?

classicrockgriller

Turn it back on and get to smokin.

got smoke

that it? no major setback on time? ;D

Quarlow

Well it might take a little longer now butt no problem, it is just you and your butt. I tried Habs vaunted vinegar sauce it was good but then I just took some bbq sauce and thinned it with some rice wine vinegar. I really like that. 
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Here's a quick vinegar sauce that you may like.

2 Cups Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cayenne or Red Pepper Flakes

Mix ingredients and stir till sugar is dissolved. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

got smoke

Thanks guys I will try the vinagar sauce I made a sweet tangy sauce similar to bone suckin sauce vinigar based and tomato as well seems pretty good but will try the vinagar as well

classicrockgriller

got smoke

getting close she is at 180 deg made the vinegar sauce cooling now gettin a hunger on

got smoke

she is out and a thing of beauty ftc now and waiting made 2 sauces and I had to tear a little piece for a small snack it was as moist as could be and tasted great! only problem I want more

TestRocket

Eat it up! You labored over it! So how many total hours and did you bump up the temp? Congrats by-the-way!

got smoke

17 hours total cook time bump temp to 220 deg for the last 3 hours it pulled great with just forks. Man is this thing juicey and taste great.  ;D