Camaro Hennessey

Started by car54, July 20, 2010, 10:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I was at the gas station the other day when I was rather startled from this car that was backing up to a pump. My 1st reaction was that it sounds like a race car. I saw that it was a Chevrolet but I could not see the model. It was a rather bulky looking car and as I passed it I saw "Hennessey" on the back. Not knowing what it was I did an internet search and found out that it was a Camaro with over 800 HP. WOW!!.

Here is what it sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2yFzx9DTk

Brad

KevinG

Nice - brings back some good memories when cars were fun to drive cause gas was affordable.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

seemore

I have been trying to decide on what will be my next vehicle:  A Nissan Murano, a mini Cooper, or a Camaro.
I have always loved Camaros;  my second car was a 1970 Camaro.
I am really torn now.  I am trying to find out how well they would handle in winter weather;  snow, ice, etc......
Mrs.

ArnieM

I'm sure the Camaro will easily go down snowy hills - backwards or sideways.  That's if you can get up the hill to start with  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

seemore

You've seen me drive, Arnie?????   ;)
Mrs

TestRocket

To sweet! Last night I just watched the DVD video (3 camera views) of a friend in his corvette and his corvette club doing two five lap sessions at Talladega Motor Speedway. He hit a top speed of 140 MPH and his cousin hit 158 MPH in a ($140K) corvette (with all the rules no passing anyone and such). Anyway I grew up and spent several years in my (20's) along the fence between turns two and three in the infield before restrictor plate racing. 200 plus MPH and it just don't get any better then that!

Up In Smoke

just plain WICKED!
I had a friend in high school that drove an
LT 1 camaro that sounded like that.
Scary fast!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

hal4uk

Quote from: seemore on July 20, 2010, 05:29:55 PM
I have been trying to decide on what will be my next vehicle:  A Nissan Murano, a mini Cooper, or a Camaro.
Mrs Seemore,
That's a WIDE range of vehicles!!!  Murano is a short/sporty SUV.  I drove one at the dealer a while back - it was nice.  One of my co-workers has a mini Cooper; didn't drive it but I rode in it - looks like fun to drive, and he LOVES it (note: they get pricey real quick with options).  A Camaro is a BIG sports car (ain't been in -- or driven one)

Sounds like you want SOMETHING SPORTY (?)...  I recently bought an OLD - but low miles Porsche Boxter - for a fraction of anything (new) you mentioned (I paid $13,500) -- but it satisfied my "sweet sporty tooth" ---Just tossing you some ideas   ;D  --- Slightly older Porsche/BMW etc will risk costly repairs, but if you don't spend a ton to begin with... (? -- it's a trade-off)    http://picasaweb.google.com/mrmrsc93/KindaSortaAlmostKentuckyBlue?authkey=Gv1sRgCPaomO2b5-jzIg#

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Hal I was just reading about a kid that traded a cell phone into one of them things
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on July 21, 2010, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: seemore on July 20, 2010, 05:29:55 PM
Mrs Seemore,
That's a WIDE range of vehicles!!!  Murano is a short/sporty SUV.  I drove one at the dealer a while back - it was nice.  One of my co-workers has a mini Cooper; didn't drive it but I rode in it - looks like fun to drive, and he LOVES it (note: they get pricey real quick with options).  A Camaro is a BIG sports car (ain't been in -- or driven one)

Sounds like you want SOMETHING SPORTY (?)...  I recently bought an OLD - but low miles Porsche Boxter - for a fraction of anything (new) you mentioned (I paid $13,500) -- but it satisfied my "sweet sporty tooth" ---Just tossing you some ideas   ;D  --- Slightly older Porsche/BMW etc will risk costly repairs, but if you don't spend a ton to begin with... (? -- it's a trade-off)    http://picasaweb.google.com/mrmrsc93/KindaSortaAlmostKentuckyBlue?authkey=Gv1sRgCPaomO2b5-jzIg#

Where's the picture of your professional driver??   ???   

KevinG

Hal - I hate to tell you that's a chicks' car. Didn't you ever watch Two and a half Men?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

hal4uk

Quote from: KevinG on July 22, 2010, 08:10:20 AM
Hal - I hate to tell you that's a chicks' car. Didn't you ever watch Two and a half Men?

What can I say?...
Some redneck in the desert bought the last sky blue Cadillac on the lot...    ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Gizmo

Showed my BIL that video.  He said he knows someone that uses that engine sound as his alarmclock sound.  I know a few people that would think that was soothing and relaxing sound.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Quote from: hal4uk on July 22, 2010, 09:32:42 PM
Quote from: KevinG on July 22, 2010, 08:10:20 AM

What can I say?...
Some redneck in the desert bought the last sky blue Cadillac on the lot...    ;D
Agree....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!