I had to vacate the premises

Started by TestRocket, July 25, 2010, 03:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Today was the baby shower for our youngest daughter's first baby. Heck her first, is our first grandbaby too! I hung around just to see family that came in from out of town and with that much estrogen in the house (sorry ladies, but they didn't want me here anyway) I headed to MIL's pool with a couple of cold ones! I got in some nice float time while listening to the race and got back home in time to take out the trash and help carry all the gifts to Kelly's car. They tell me it was fun...I'll take their word for it!    ;D

classicrockgriller

Great Planning! ;D

Just like a good smoke, It's all in the planning.

ArnieM

Sounds like you had a good afternoon TR.  Believe me, you didn't want to be there  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Caneyscud

Had to attend one once.  It was in a construction company office I was working at at the time.  We all gave the "father" condoms so we did not have to go through it again!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

hal4uk

I was invited to a baby shower once, but I coudn't attend...
I had already scheduled myself to be fed through an industrial sheet press.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ronbeaux

Whooo Yaaaa! A little extreme, but Whoo Yaaa.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

TestRocket

My first will be here in about three weeks! Another phase of life is near. I love babies!

BuyLowSellHigh

Wish I had a MIL with a pool nearby.  Sounds like a great plan and you still got to look good by being back in time for cleanup and pack up duty.  Way to go TR!

Enjoy that new addition when he/she arrives.  That will be so special and cool. 

Not sure I'll live long enough to enjoy the prospects of grandbabies - my oldest is ten and I'm in my late 50's with a lot of miles.   :-[
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

TestRocket

It's a boy and having two sisters and raising two daughters this is going to be new to me. But it may be my chance to pass along some of my bad habits?  ;D