Reveo Pork chop review! It's a winner!!

Started by SmokinMoe, June 14, 2005, 02:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

Hey guys,
Was laying low for a while because of work, but I missed you!!
That aside, I bought some pork chops that didn't have all the chemical crap in it (nitrates etc) and decided to give them a whirl in the reveo with a thousand island dressing (because I was too tired to make a marinade) and it was a HIT!!
Best pork chops I have had in a long while. They were only about 1/2 thick, so they didn't cook long to make them tough.
I am ok now with my reveo.  Just took a while.
Thanks Bill, I knew I would come around.
Thanks for being patient with me!!
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Chez Bubba

Moe,

We knew you'd come around on the Reveo. Please provide more detail on the 1000 Isle sauce, that sounds very intriguing.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

Glad it worked out Moe!  I just finished up the taste test on 5 pieces of the 6# of chicken wings marinated in 1 cup of Italian Wishbone, 4 Tbsp of Rocky's Rub and a Tbsp. of Cayenne Pepper Sauce.  Marinated for 40 min, then overnight in the Reveo container in Refrigerator.  I dusted with Red Eye Dizzy Pig rub, and let them sit about an hour at room temp prior to putting into smoker preheated at 275°F.

After two hours of Hickory smoke, I took them out of smoker, and went to my preheated grill for another 10 min. of low heat to brown them up a bit.  I first let them swim in some med. heat BBQ sauce with an equal portion of honey.  The wings could't swim.  They drowned!  I coated well and threw them on the grill and just tried them.  OUCH!  Very tasty!  Hickory gave a nice flavor.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Glad it worked out Moe!  I just finished up the taste test on 5 pieces of the 6# of chicken wings marinated in 1 cup of Italian Wishbone, 4 Tbsp of Rocky's Rub and a Tbsp. of Cayenne Pepper Sauce.  Marinated for 40 min, then overnight in the Reveo container in Refrigerator.  I dusted with Red Eye Dizzy Pig rub, and let them sit about an hour at room temp prior to putting into smoker preheated at 275°F.

After two hours of Hickory smoke, I took them out of smoker, and went to my preheated grill for another 10 min. of low heat to brown them up a bit.  I first let them swim in some med. heat BBQ sauce with an equal portion of honey.  The wings could't swim.  They drowned!  I coated well and threw them on the grill and just tried them.  OUCH!  Very tasty!  Hickory gave a nice flavor.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Uh-oh . . . I feel another midnight snack coming on . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Moe,

We knew you'd come around on the Reveo. Please provide more detail on the 1000 Isle sauce, that sounds very intriguing.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, Yeah, do share.  I never would have thought of that, but it sounds interesting.

Oldman

I was just wondering about you young lady.  Glad to see ya back!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!