Bradley refuses to smoke!

Started by jack shelton, July 24, 2010, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack shelton

:( I have been using my Bradley BTDS108P 120V smoker for 1 year smoking Salmon. Transported it to the coast and started thru the sequence as stated in the book, and after approx 15 seconds the smoke generator trips out.  Please help me I have more Salmon to smoke.. Thanks!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Jack;

Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first post is a problem.

You have what we call the D6R (Digital Six Rack) or generically DBS (Digital Bradley Smoker). A little more information would be useful to help us troubleshoot.

Is the unit plugged into a GFI socket? Some GFIs are overly sensitive, use an extension cord and plug the unit into a socket that is not protected.

Are there any error messages displayed?

During transit, a wire or wires may have come loose or apart. Open the generator and check the wiring. Opening the generator will NOT void your warranty. Here is a link on how to open your generator.
Cleaning the Generator

Here is a link to some other troubleshooting guidelines Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

VI_Smoker

I have a OBS and had problems with the smoke generator when the extension cord I was using was not up to the task.  I know use a 12 gauge cord and no problems.  I have also heard of folk having issues if their smoker is on the same electrical circuit with other appliances.

watchdog56

I am guessing you may have a loose wire inside from the move. You may want to double check all connections.