New Bradley Owner

Started by Abeach2bum, July 28, 2010, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abeach2bum

Hi All,

My name is Scott and I live in AZ. Just picked up a new Bradley 4 rack digital yesterday from Bass Pro Shops. Bought the display model as that was the only one they had left They had just put it out on Friday, so it didn't have time to get abused. The owner's manuals were even still in it! Had a small scratch on the smoke generator, so they knocked 10% off the price.

Fired it up yesterday to give it its first burn off - what a great piece of equipment. I had purchased an MES about a month ago, and returned it after the first cook. Would not generate any smoke.

Looking forward to looking through the posts here, and I am trying to decide what my first cook should be. Not interested in a pork butt as that is what I did on the disastrous MES cook. Need some more time to get that experience out of my head :D

Smoking soon beach.....

KevinG

Welcome to the forum from another Arizonan. Don't worry about the mistake, we've all been there and done that at some point. Chickens are relatively cheap and pretty easy, and Jerky is always a hit.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

TestRocket

Welcome Abeach2bum,

Congrats on your Bradley and congrats again for finding this forum. Help is but only a question away and good luck on your first smoke!

GusRobin

As was said - you'll get some great help on the forum so don't fear trying anything or everything. A pork butt on the Bradley is very forgiving and easy to do if you plan the timing (8 lber took me 20 hours at 225F).
But chickens are cheap and easy to do. Some good recipes on the links that CRG gave you. Welcome to the forum
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Welcome Bum, sorry couldn't resist, butt is real easy in a Bradley.  Even an Aggie pulled it off.  Brisket is easy in my opinion but can be pricey.  Guess you could do some ABT's!

hal4uk

Welcome aboard, Bum!
(sorry - you're stuck with THAT  ;D  )...
Try chicken thighs first go - they're cheap, forgiving, and tasty!

Or just go with whatever ya know...
"Stick to making whisky, son. Your family is distinguished by its incompetence at doing anything else."
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

Great Hal, he will the hate the Aggie forever now

DarqMan

Welcome to the forum Abeach2bum!

This is a great place to ask questions if you need help.  We've all messed up so don't sweat it... just keep on trucking.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

hal4uk

Quote from: DTAggie on July 28, 2010, 09:42:34 PM
Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DarqMan

Quote from: hal4uk on July 28, 2010, 10:24:48 PM
Quote from: DTAggie on July 28, 2010, 09:42:34 PM
Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwww... ;D ;D ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Abeach2bum

Thanks all for the nice welcome and some good ideas!

There is a recipe for marinated flank steak in the cookbook that came with the smoker. I just happen to have a nice 1-1/2" thick flank in the fridge. Seems like a relatively easy, short cook. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks again
beach or bum - I'll answer to anything!