2nd try at Thuringer sausage.

Started by RAF128, July 29, 2010, 01:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

I've been itching to try out my new 5lb L.E.M. stuffer and thought another Thuringer would do the trick.    Last time it turned out good but a little to fat for my liking so I've adjusted the recipe to allow for that.
Meat is all cubed, ground and seasoned and is now in the fridge for the next 3 days.    Sunday I'll grind it again with a fine blade, stuff it and hang it in the smoker to dry.   It calls for 10 hrs but by the time I start hanging it and the 10 hrs is up it'll be too late to smoke.   So I figure I'll just leave it there overnight.   Any thoughts?   Or would I be better off to put it in the fridge overnight?

RAF128

My meat has been doing it's thing for the past 3 days.   This morning I put some salmon into the smoker and then got at grinding the meat a 2nd time with a fine blade.    That done, I got out the new L.E.M. and filled it.   I'm using 3" fibrous casings and stuffed 2.    Didn't fill them completely 'cause I didn't want them to long.    Now they're resting in the fridge.  I was going to hang them in the smoker but it's in use.   Smoking them tomorrow.

Gizmo

When do we get to see the visuals?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

RAF128

Sorry, no pictures.   I own to digital camera and they're both at the cabin :-[