Rocky our abused dog....and a funny happening

Started by Oldman, August 03, 2010, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Back in January I posted about Rocky the abused Rot I took away from a family member. At that time he weight only 76 pounds. Today he is 110 -112 pounds. He is an older dog but he has learn fast with me. He sits, lays, and knows what left or right means when we are walking. I'm still working on his heeling but he is getting better. (He still wants to have his shoulder abreast to my thigh-- it should be his head.)

We did some back tracking and found the original family that had him. It turns out his mother was Pit Bull. He looks like a Rot but then again his frame is not quite Rot. His rear feet are about as large as his front which are about the side of a good orange. He is lanky and tall.

Anyway two days back I had to run to the store, so I took him.  Now my Challenger has dark seating. and from the outside it is hard to see into the back.

It was a hot afternoon so I put one cub on the wheel turned the A/C up high and locked the doors.
As I was checking out I could see the car. There was a person walking around the car. He walks up to the driver side door and I see him grab the door handle. The next thing I see is this dude jumping backwards and then take off running across the parking lot.

When I got to the car Rocky was back in the back seat but there was one hell of a dog face imprint on the inside of my driver's side window.

I bet that dude does not try to steal my SRT again.

Rocky's life is good; he gets along well with the cats...one of them called Spoofer sticks his face right into Rocky's nose. They are buddies.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

classicrockgriller

squirtthecat

Great story!!  Sounds like Rocky has *two* good friends...  ;)

Thanks for posting this.  I love to hear a 'rescue' happy ending.

TestRocket

My old lady dog Cory (16 years old) just came into my computer room for a pat of reassurance as I was reading this. Yep! Mans best friend and devoted until...

Sounds like Rocky has your back!

hal4uk

You should talk to your insurance agent - I think Rocky merits you a DISCOUNT!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

SnellySmokesEm

Haha   Thats a great story.  I take my dogs (boxers) a lot of places with me and I am always hoping someone tries to get into my car.   :)
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Up In Smoke

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on August 04, 2010, 07:25:48 AM
Haha   Thats a great story.  I take my dogs (boxers) a lot of places with me and I am always hoping someone tries to get into my car.   :)
Leave the door unlocked, Boxers gotta eat Ya know  :D :D :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ronbeaux

Ha! That's nothing. My formally abused female black lab that you could darn near see through we took off the streets is now up to a full 14 hours of holding her rug impression. Perfectly still, just like those people on bourbon street that try to look like a statue. Only the word 'Bone' will get her attention and make her break character(We are still working with her.) Someday I expect her to make it a full 24, probably when the temp drops below 95.

Cool story and I'm glad to know there are people that care enough about animals to make them happy!

Well except for the ones that you eat that is.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

SouthernSmoked

Great Story and sound like even a better friend...
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

moodyfisherman

Quote from: hal4uk on August 03, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
You should talk to your insurance agent - I think Rocky merits you a DISCOUNT!
I would work that angle to the fullest ;D  Too bad he did not take the vehicle and THEN Rocky come to life...oh never mind, that would be a mess to clean up in the truck left by the thief :o
I hope Rocky got a smoked rib for his guard duty?
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?