Where do you live?

Started by Tenpoint5, August 05, 2010, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Myself I live in Cascade, Iowa. Here is a little video about my town. If your paying close attention at the 1.16 minute mark, that's my 8yr old cooking partner Rylan the goalie. So where do you live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_USYVSM9gnU
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

drewpatton

In a constant state of misery....

Tiny Tim

I'm straight across the state from Tenpoint...in a little town by the name of Schleswig.  We don't have a video that I know of, but here's a link to our website http://www.schleswigia.com.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: drewpatton on August 05, 2010, 10:13:55 AM
In a constant state of misery....

I live down the road just a bit from drewpatton

In a constant state of agony....

RossP

I live up in Canada on the west coast in a nice town called Langley, BC. http://www.city.langley.bc.ca/
Close to the ocean about 15-20 minutes away. And on this topic, I was playing with Google Earth
and I put in all my customers to see were they live, I could do up a kml file for Google Earth with
members towns, or the addresses but I think just the town or city would be good. That way we can get a better
sense of this community. What does everyone think. For bigger cities a cross road close to were you live so
I could put your board name on the place mark as there could be more than one member in a city or town.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Tenpoint5

That would be way cool Ross
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

EZ Smoker

I live in Texarkana, TX.   If you look at a map, the SW corner of Arkansas seems to have a little notch cut out of it, and NE corner of East Texas fits into perfectly.   In that corner, Texarkana sits right on the State Line, and technically, it's two cities (Texarkana, TX and Texarkana, AR).   Here's a video from Hannah Storm's show about it.   (btw... I think she's wrong about Selena coming from Texarkana.)    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cDb_eEwaIk&feature=related
It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

EZ Smoker

Quote from: RossP on August 05, 2010, 10:42:22 AM
I live up in Canada on the west coast in a nice town called Langley, BC. http://www.city.langley.bc.ca/
Close to the ocean about 15-20 minutes away. And on this topic, I was playing with Google Earth
and I put in all my customers to see were they live, I could do up a kml file for Google Earth with
members towns, or the addresses but I think just the town or city would be good. That way we can get a better
sense of this community. What does everyone think. For bigger cities a cross road close to were you live so
I could put your board name on the place mark as there could be more than one member in a city or town.

Ross

I'm a member of another forum, OEDILF (Omnificent English Dictionary in Limerick Form), and they've done something like that.  We have hundreds of members, and I can easily see who lives where.  It's great.   So I'd love it.

It may seem like I'm rubbing salt in the wound, but the truth is I'm trying to cure it.

squirtthecat

Just south of Springfield, IL for me!   Corn to the left, beans to the right, coal directly underneath.

--

Pelletheads is doing something similar as well....   Using Google maps.  (just zipcodes, no street references, as many of them list their multi-thousand $$$ pellet poopers in their profile)

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 05, 2010, 10:50:47 AM
(just zipcodes, no street references, as many of them list their multi-thousand $$$ pellet poopers in their profile)

I was thinking towns myself, especially if it's a publicly accessible link...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

RossP

I was thinking of doing up the file and having it posted on the recipe site, that way
it would not be as public. This file would have to be maintained as members joined.
That is if Raye is agreeable to having the file on the site.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Ka Honu

oakville smoker

Another Cannuck here
Oakville Ontario Canada which is west of Toronto and east of Niagara Falls
Right now we are in a sauna bath weather pattern, stinky and hot everywhere
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

NePaSmoKer

Lets see, Hmmmmmmm

Littlerock Calif, Lancaster Calif, Mojave Calif, Lancaster PA, NEPA, NC, SC, FLA

SouthernSmoked

For me it's Northern Kentucky just outside of Cincinnati, Oh. (Porkopolis)

Food for Thought - The nickname Porkopolis was coined around 1835, when Cincinnati was the country's chief hog packing center, and herds of pigs traveled the streets.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little