Where do you live?

Started by Tenpoint5, August 05, 2010, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

Swamp East Missouri here... Well it used to be a swamp at one time.

http://showme.net/~fkeller/quake/lib/littleriverdrainage.htm

I'm above the high water mark to the west of the old swamp...

John

ArnieM

South western Connecticut.  About 70 miles ENE of NYC. 
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: RossP on August 05, 2010, 11:04:52 AM
I was thinking of doing up the file and having it posted on the recipe site, that way
it would not be as public. This file would have to be maintained as members joined.
That is if Raye is agreeable to having the file on the site.

Ross

The recipe site is a public site. You don't have to be a member to access it. Maybe a file that just gave the location of the center of city/town, and for those that don't live within a town the location of the nearest town. That type of file may be alright to have in a file. If you start posting actual residential addresses, someone may us that information for personal gain. For example, if someone posts that they will be going to a smoke out for the weekend, with the individuals address in that map file that may make your home vulnerable for a burglary.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokey the Bear.

I am in Toronto,Canada. The map thing would be cool. ;)
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

Caneyscud

Right smack between Hot and Humid on top of an old soggy rock.

Nashville, TN
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

Paducah KY, hometown of Hal4UK and Starne's BBQ.

BigJohnT

Quote from: KyNola on August 05, 2010, 01:41:55 PM

Dang, I can almost hit your house with a rocket powered wrist rocket from over here :) We did some work near you in Murry, KY a early this year.

John

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BigJohnT on August 05, 2010, 01:48:11 PM
Quote from: KyNola on August 05, 2010, 01:41:55 PM

Dang, I can almost hit your house with a rocket powered wrist rocket from over here :) We did some work near you in Murry, KY a early this year.

John

And you didn't stop in for a cold drink and some Que?? Shame on you Big John
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RossP

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 05, 2010, 01:25:30 PM
Quote from: RossP on August 05, 2010, 11:04:52 AM
I was thinking of doing up the file and having it posted on the recipe site, that way
it would not be as public. This file would have to be maintained as members joined.
That is if Raye is agreeable to having the file on the site.

Ross

The recipe site is a public site. You don't have to be a member to access it. Maybe a file that just gave the location of the center of city/town, and for those that don't live within a town the location of the nearest town. That type of file may be alright to have in a file. If you start posting actual residential addresses, someone may us that information for personal gain. For example, if someone posts that they will be going to a smoke out for the weekend, with the individuals address in that map file that may make your home vulnerable for a burglary.

Not going to do any home addresses just the general locations. I value my privacy too much too have some TDM (thieving druggie misfit) knowing were I live and when I am gone. Place mark for those who do send me an address would be within a mile or so of there actual address. Just nice to see were everyone is from.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

BuyLowSellHigh

Lake Jackson, TX - 50 miles south of Houston in the mosquito capital of the free world.  Anyone want some?  We export and shipping is free!  ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Wildcat

Pace, FL (Between Pensacola and Milton). Located in the NW corner of the state.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hal4uk

Springfield, Illinois. 
Home of Homer Simpson. 
We're thinking about giving Homer the governor's mansion (since no one else ever lives in it).
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DTAggie

In the bottom of a bottle of Tito's Vodka.  I have fallen and can't get up. 

BuyLow -I grew up in LJ!

Tenpoint5

Ross,
The prototype looks pretty good. Can't wait until you get everyone on there. I agree that just putting a stick pin on the city would be best at keeping the TDM's at bay
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mikeradio

I am Prince George BC Canada, great idea to get idea where everyone resides