Scott's new Puck Savers

Started by BigJohnT, August 08, 2010, 04:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnT

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just finished making a batch of puck savers for Scott and have improved them quite a bit. They are all made now on a CNC (Computer Numeric Control) lathe and mill. I found that the dimensions of the puck needed to be tweaked a bit and a nice smooth radius put on the edges to get flawless function in the smoke generator.

John

BigJohnT

I also came up with a light weight version that is VERY cost effective for those folks that consider weight of the standard pucks to be a consideration.

I know you all have seen my fancy dancy light weight pucks that took quite a while to machine... but for the newbies here they are.

Enjoy
John

squirtthecat

Nice!  When with the 'new and improved' lightweight ones be available at Scott's store?

BigJohnT

He should have them set up today unless he is overwhelmed by visitors this weekend...

John

beefmann

there already on scotts  site, pack of 3 are a good  price, and the  ones  with additional  work are  more

TTNuge

Quote from: beefmann on August 09, 2010, 04:25:07 PM
there already on scotts  site, pack of 3 are a good  price, and the  ones  with additional  work are  more

Guess I'm blind because I still can't see em.

classicrockgriller

squirtthecat

I'm having trouble as well...  Looking for these ones.

They must not be up yet.

TTNuge

Whew, I thought I was the only one STC

squirtthecat

It's magic!

Thanks, I'm going to get a set and retire my crusty old ones..

cinrds

I am glad I have not ordered any others yet.  I will be ordering some of these.  Question why would I want the light weight over the standard weight pucks?

classicrockgriller

To help keep down on the wear and tear of the slide arm (puck pusher)

cinrds

Ok tht makes sense.  Thank you