temp.gauge

Started by ruffinit, March 17, 2004, 03:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffinit

can i use a digital meat thermometer to keep watch on temp.in smoker?or do i need differant type?the one that comes in door of b.s. i don't trust.

Bassman

ruffinit, I use a digital thermometer that has 2 probes on it.one for temp inside the smoker, the other fir internal meat temp.It's the best tool you will ever use with the bradley. It's also remote so you can monitor the temps from 100ft away.It's called a Maverick and I got it from
//www.northerntool.com
It's a little exspensive but way worth it!!![:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

You ain't kiddin' Bassman!  That is one expensive thermometer, but I couldn't resist it[:D]! I currently have been using a single probe meat thermometer which did the job - timer/alarm setting but not wireless - it cost me $20...

For the curious:  $49.99 for the thermo....another $7.68 to ship UPS ground to California....[:0]

Kirk:  Did I error?  Do you stock thermometers like that one? (Maverick)I couldn't find any on your website...

I just ordered it today....I like the idea of 1 probe for the meat temp and 1 probe for the smoker temp - and the remote is nice so I don't have to sit there in a chair eyeballing the factory temp gauge - does it have a timer on it (no more eyeballing the pucks waiting for them to dissapear!)

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Bassman

Yes Fuzzybear, It does have a timer as well as alarms for temps on both probes for high & Low temps.I haven't used the timer,but I do set the alarm on the smoker probe to go off if it gets to hot in the smoker.

Jack

ruffinit

thanks bassman,fuzzybear.i'm gonna get one.

mike

Chez Bubba

Naw Fuzz,

We're not a huge mail order/internet outfit. The only thing we sell that Bradley doesn't produce are the advancing pucks. We just bought a unit a few years ago & figured it was so cool, they would sell & we should become dealers. I still go to my day job. As Emeril says, "It's a food of love thing."

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Very good Kirk...I completely understand - I'd like to sell Log homes when my day comes....just cause I think they are neat and I'm liking mine other than the build process

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Kummok

Bassman
I looked at the Maverick remote on NorthernTool but it didn't show or describe two probes[?]  Am I reading it wrong? I looked for Mavericks on several other sites and found plenty but none that listed two probes....Help!! I want to order one, but want to be certain that  I get the one with two probes....what's the model number for the one you have with two probes??

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Kummok

Bassman
Forget the last post....I can be SOOOO AR at times...must be the engineer in me [:I]  Anyway, AFTER doing some more searches, I went back to NT site and saw that the description read, "transmitter has food probe wire, smoking chamber probe wire and stand/hanger"...sheeeeesh, talk about OCD [:o)][:o)]  Gonna go ahead and order from this non-Chez source since he doesn't carry these....sure wish Chez sold trucks!! [;)][;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Bassman

Hey Kummok,
 we all have oversites, my wife says I can be blind as a bat when looking for something.Glad you found it,you will love it. I can't imagine smoking without it..(and I don't get commission for saying this)[:(]It takes all the guess work out of wondering what the internal meat temp is.And it can be monitored from inside the house,depending how close your smoker is.Just in case others are wondering the make and model are: RediCheck,Maverick remote smoker thermometer, respectivly.

Jack

RonB

Best price I could find on the Redi-Chek Remote Smoker Themometer. Go to www.thegadgetsource.com they have it for 39.99 and about 3.85 for postal delivery. I received it in a few days. This is the one with two probes. A ten dollar savings helps buy more bisquetts.[8D]

rgardjr

Thanks for the tip RonB!  Ordered one and received it with no problems.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />....sure wish Chez sold trucks!! [;)][;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">'95 Tahoe 4WD 2-door, loaded, currently 145,00 miles. Will be looking to sell in a year or so. Shipping's gonna kill ya buddy![:D][;)][:D][;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?