An old issue -- cleaning up the trays and pans

Started by Smokeville, August 08, 2010, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

leftcoast smoker

Oops my bad, just re-read the bottle
Multi Kleen Plus
made by Kleen-flo
cleans trucks and smokers lol

Smokeville

Thanks everyone. Lots of good advice.

Unfortunately, Yard and Pool does not seem to ship to Canada.

Mr Walleye

Sure they do. I've ordered from them a number of times. Just give him a call and will look after you. Make sure you tell him to ship it USPS and not UPS. UPS is rough on the brokers fees for us Canucks.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Yeah and they are rough on the freight also. I got horror stories.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokeville

Quote from: Mr Walleye on August 22, 2010, 12:31:06 PM
Sure they do. I've ordered from them a number of times. Just give him a call and will look after you. Make sure you tell him to ship it USPS and not UPS. UPS is rough on the brokers fees for us Canucks.

Mike

Hi Mike... I tried their website and only US addresses can be entered... so I should call?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokeville on August 24, 2010, 01:48:37 PM

Mike

Hi Mike... I tried their website and only US addresses can be entered... so I should call?

Yes and ask for Bryan at Y&P

Mr Walleye

Smokerville

Like CRG said, just give Brian a call and he will fix you up and ship to Canada no problem. I think it's just his web site is restricted to the US.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

begolf25

Quote from: Smokeville on August 24, 2010, 01:48:37 PM

Mike

Smokerville,

If you like send me a PM with what you need and your shipping address and I would be glad to give you a quote.

Bryan

Holtnotes

Clean up is really not that bad at our house.  I take off what I can of the drippings - burnt on pieces that have fallen on the pan or racks and place them in a sink of VERY hot water with Dawn dish washing soap.  If the crud on the pan etc is really bad I will add some Cascade granules in the water and swish to dissolve.  Place several dryer sheets on top of the pan and the racks - submerged in water and walk away.  By the time the water has cooled off to room temp, the baked on crud for the most part can just be easily washed off.  I get boxes of the dryer sheets at the dollar store.  I do not like using them in the dryer - but always have them on hand in the kitchen in case I have burnt on food. 

KevinG

Quote from: Holtnotes on October 18, 2010, 11:22:31 AM
Clean up is really not that bad at our house.  I take off what I can of the drippings - burnt on pieces that have fallen on the pan or racks and place them in a sink of VERY hot water with Dawn dish washing soap.  If the crud on the pan etc is really bad I will add some Cascade granules in the water and swish to dissolve.  Place several dryer sheets on top of the pan and the racks - submerged in water and walk away.  By the time the water has cooled off to room temp, the baked on crud for the most part can just be easily washed off.  I get boxes of the dryer sheets at the dollar store.  I do not like using them in the dryer - but always have them on hand in the kitchen in case I have burnt on food. 

Dryer sheets???? You stumped me, what purpose do they perform?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

I'd like to know about the dryer sheets too. 

I just use Dawn Power Dissolver and it works well.  It also works on the inside of the glass doors on my fireplace insert.  Or any other gunk.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Holtnotes

HMMMM  Can not tell you the scientific reason why the dryer sheets (fabric softener sheets)work - but they do.   Besides the cascade and dryer sheets - you could also put paper towels over pans etc and saturate with white vinegar -  will work too - just not as quickly  and you will still end up with the SOS pad out.    Heloise said you should use dryer sheets, so I use dryer sheets - I wonder if you could use liquid fabric softener and just add it to the hot soapy water? - HMM  too much trouble because I literally spread the sheets over the crustiest parts to soak - guess you could saturate a paper towel with it - do not know if the benefit would be the same or not. 

SouthernSmoked

I'll have to try the Fabric Sheets...

Currently I've been using using "Soft Scrub Total" Kitchen Cleaner.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=18188.0
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

Heck, it worth a shot..  Thx for the idea.