Sweetwater Brined Roast, Pastrami and SPAM are SLICED!

Started by classicrockgriller, August 08, 2010, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

It has been so HOT here lately, I started this Smoke late this afternoon.

8 1/2 lb Sirloin Roast brined over nite in Sweetwater BBQ Bath Smoked Habanero brine.

Drain the brine and smeared the spices back on to the Roast and added a touch of Sea Salt and Malabar Black Pepper

Almost 3 lb of corned beef brisket rubbed according to the recipe site.

2 Links of Holmes Smokehouse Sausage (1) Jalapeno (1) Original

3 cans of SPAM (1) Vac pk with Maple extract (1) with Slap Your Momma cajun seasoning and (1) with Double Barrel

(DB) Original Seasoning.

Going with two hours of Pecan and then 2 hours of Apple.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

Some say that smoking processed meat is a waste of time. Not true I have smoked a ton of turkey kielbasa, spam with great results. Spam needs a kick so I use a rub from Dizzy Pig called "Swamp Venom". Little bit of heat with some flavor.

hal4uk

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 08, 2010, 08:32:53 PM
Some say that smoking processed meat is a waste of time. Not true I have smoked a ton of turkey kielbasa, spam with great results. Spam needs a kick so I use a rub from Dizzy Pig called "Swamp Venom". Little bit of heat with some flavor.
Huh?  Heck, I'd smoke a river rock - if I thought I had the right rub, mop and glaze..  ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Gaaak, arrgh, you couldn't pay me to do anything with spam. My mom did horrible, horrible things to spam under the guise of edible food. Like slice it and fry it, mush it up with mayo and pickle and put it between bread or just let my brother eat it cold. Dang I am going to have night terrors again. I know some folks love the stuff and some even worship it but to me they just wasted energy proceesing it.  :(
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

I may be an odd one here but I loved fried Spam as a kid.  Wife just about cut my n*** off first time I brought some home in college.  Have not even thought about it since.  So CRG, I have to know, how is smoked?  What temp would you take it to to make sure it is done?

Holmes sausage rocks.  Only kind I will cook.

hal4uk

Quote from: Quarlow on August 08, 2010, 09:00:16 PM
Gaaak, arrgh, you couldn't pay me to do anything with spam. My mom did horrible, horrible things to spam under the guise of edible food. Like slice it and fry it, mush it up with mayo and pickle and put it between bread or just let my brother eat it cold. Dang I am going to have night terrors again. I know some folks love the stuff and some even worship it but to me they just wasted energy proceesing it.  :(
At least YOUR momma FED you.
(It's a wonder I survived childhood)   ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Sliced and fried Spam and cheese Sammies on fresh bread are AWESOME!! Smoked with some rub on them is another good way to eat it. Good for you CRG
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I was quite surprised when I opened the cans. When I was young, the cans had like a church key to open them.

If you lost the key, you were SOL. Then it had this jelly goo in them.

These were very clean, no goo. As you see them is how they came out of the cans.

They are a cooked food so I just want them to gather some smoke.

They are on the top racks and will let them ride out the 4 hrs of smoke, maybe.

I'll vak pak them for a cpl of days and see what it taste like then.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 08, 2010, 09:11:48 PM
Sliced and fried Spam and cheese Sammies on fresh bread are AWESOME!! Smoked with some rub on them is another good way to eat it. Good for you CRG

Well I did this in your Honor! ;D

Quarlow

Quote from: DTAggie on August 08, 2010, 09:04:55 PM
I may be an odd one here but I loved fried Spam as a kid.  Wife just about cut my n*** off first time I brought some home in college.  Have not even thought about it since.  So CRG, I have to know, how is smoked?  What temp would you take it to to make sure it is done?

Holmes sausage rocks.  Only kind I will cook.
You smoke/cook them for 62 hours and then use them to pound nails. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on August 08, 2010, 09:31:29 PM
So this is your first try at SPAM, CRG?

Yes Sir! When I pulled it out off it's hiding place and stuck it on the counter, there was

quite abit of chatter from Wifie. She wanted to take it and put it in a food donation box.

She MADE me rinse out the cans and take them to the outside trash can! ;D

Sometimes she ain't no fun.

I think I'll take a big ole bite of SPAM and then go give her a juicy spam kiss! ;D ;D

DTAggie

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on August 08, 2010, 09:51:28 PM
Well let me know how she likes it on Pizaa!

Oh MY Gosh! Spam Pizza! ;D

Have I ever showed you a Pic of the Wifie? Mrs Smokin' Monkey?