Sweetwater Brined Roast, Pastrami and SPAM are SLICED!

Started by classicrockgriller, August 08, 2010, 07:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

DTAggie

classicrockgriller

Here is where the Sirloin Roast went into the Fridge.

After slicing.

classicrockgriller

The Chipotle Brine is quite tasty and very warm, a lingering warmth.

First State Smoker

Great job, CRG! Everything looks fantastic. Looks like the beef is cooked perfectly.

I've got to throw my hat into the spam lovin' ring. After growing up watching Monty Python I thouht it was a joke until I saw it in the store and tried some a few years back. Loved it! I mostly eat it sliced and fried as a breakfast meat. Need to try it smoked sometime.

classicrockgriller

hal4uk

Sirloin roast looks delicious!
You like the flavor better than the chuck roast?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

They are both great, but two different taste.

The sirloin roast is gonna make some great hot sammies or just

cold sandwiches.

Can't wait to give it a whirl in the Sammie press.

KyNola

Can't wait to hear about the Spam and pastrami.  That's what I'm talking about!

classicrockgriller

I sliced the Spam and Pastrami on Thursday and forgot to post it but here it is.

The Maple Extract Spam

Slap Your Momma Rubbed Spam

Double Barrel Seasoning Rubbed Spam

The Pastrami ........... delicious.

My Favorite Spam was the one with the Double Barrel seasoning. I actually didn't know if this would

work cause Salt is the first ingredient of DB. If I do this again and I probably will, I will slice the Spam

after smoking it and then vac pak it for a rest in the fridge. The Spam meat is so condensed that it

didn't get enough smoke flavor for me. And maybe fork the spam before rubbing and smoking it.

The Pastrami was just ungodly good is just about gone so I have another going in the smoker later today.

squirtthecat

Maybe chill the SPAM and bore a hole through the middle of it before smoking??

classicrockgriller

Might work! That spam was in the smoker for 4 hrs and it still has plenty of moisture in it.

All of the Spams were good especially after a 10 second nuke job, IE warm.

I made a variety pak to give to my Mom, I know she will love it. She's an old Spammer.

KyNola

Oh man does that Spam and pastrami look good.  I'm sitting here listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival with a refreshing Rocky Mountain beverage and the moutains are blue and you just made me hungry CRG.

This might be a little far fetched but sounds like the Spam holds moisture well so what if you sliced the Spam BEFORE you smoked it?  Sliced, rubbed and into the smoker.  I'm crazy enough to give it a shot and CRG, I d@mn sure know you are too! ;)

It all looks great.  Pastrami, is there anything better?