Carolina Treet Chicken

Started by StickyDan, August 28, 2010, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StickyDan

Ok, so I've got my bottles of CT that Quarlow smuggled into the country.  I picked up 5 full chicken legs and thighs.  I've got them in a ziplock back marinating in the CT as I type. The DBS in warming up.  Here's my plan. 
Place chicken on rack.
place drip pan on next rack below.
Cook/smoke for 2 hours on high heat.
Use drippings from the pan to baste the chicken.
after about 2 hours, transfer the chicken to the grill to finish and crisp. 

What do you think?  Any ideas/suggestions?

classicrockgriller

Sounds like a great plan and a Delicious meal.

Smokeville

What tIme do we eat...? I need to get into the car and drive...

ArnieM

Sounds good to me SD.  That CT stuff can get to be addictive.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

StickyDan

What can I say?  WOW!!!  That was some good eatin'!  The CT adds such a nice flavor.  Dare I say? Perfect?   
I pulled the chicken from the BDS after 2 hours of high heat with hickory/mesquite and put on the grill to finish.  I also grilled some sweet corn and a portabela for the wife smothered in CT (the mushroom, not the wife. Although...).  She loved the mushroom.  Said it's the best she's ever had.   Can't wait to try something else with CT.  Any suggestion?

Quarlow

Just open the fridge or freezer and whatever your hand touches is golden. Pork, ribs, meat loaf, chicken, beef it's all good.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on August 28, 2010, 09:47:15 PM
Just open the fridge or freezer and whatever your hand touches is golden. Pork, ribs, meat loaf, chicken, beef it's all good.

As Q said.  I believe it was originally intended for pork but you can tune it.  Remember it's a cooking sauce (or marinade), not a Q sauce.

Examples -

Chicken - you might add a little sage or other herb you might like.
Pork - Good as it is but you can add some dry mustard powder and granulated garlic.
Brisket - Good as a slather as is.
Lamb - A little finely ground rosemary and mint.
Scrambled eggs, for 3-4 eggs.  Saute a little onion and garlic and some minced pepper, your choice for heat.  Scramble the eggs and add about about 2 tsp of CT.  Cook until done.

It's a very good basic sauce.  Use your imagination.
-- Arnie

Quarlow

Hey I like those ideas. Glad I thought of it.  ;D I am putting those in a note pad so I can experiment with this concept. Thanks cousin.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

ArnieM

Quote from: Quarlow on August 28, 2010, 10:06:47 PM
Hey I like those ideas. Glad I thought of it.  ;D

That's what I like about you cuzn'.  You're always thinking  ;D
-- Arnie

Quarlow

Yeah sometimes I amaze myself.  :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ