beefmans timer pid

Started by beefmann, August 11, 2010, 04:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

here is  the  new pid

just did a test run  with the new timer and  pid  after dealing with programming issues and it  worked as i thought it  would,  programmed  the  timer for 3 hour 50 minutes  ( 40  minutes  to warm / heat up then advance bisquetts )  then when the  timer gets to the end of  3 h 50 m it switches  over to the  cooking mode for  24 hours ( and it can be programmed for up to 99 hours ) and worked flawlessly as a test only  run, next issue will to actually  put it to use and smoke some  tri tip, pork butt,  brisket, or something delicious.

defiantly worth the  time and  investment for any  long smoke / cook that will make it a  start it, fill it forget it,  pull it  out and  eat  as you  can get

Beef

TestRocket

Congrats beefman,

It's always fun when you build something yourself and step back and watch it work and it actually makes something a little easier for you!

You did good!  ;D

beefmann

Brisket Lover

That looks great! 

My power slider has quit working again and this would be the second time replacing it. I've been wanting to get a PID and my thinking is that I could use the PID and not bother wig he slider right?

Quarlow

You got it right Brisketlover, that is exactly what you could do and you would be so happy for doing it.
Very nice PID Beefmann. Good job on that. I bet it was fun to do also.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Brisket Lover

Know how to do the bypass Quarlow?

Quarlow

No I have not done one. I have a single probe Auber but there will be a few guys here who can help you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

beefmann

have  ran this unit a few times now and been totally  flawless with the  smoking  process first  then cook, it is well  worth the time to build  and have for the  smoker.

Remember  this unit is set up to smoke first then cook, and i do recommend  if you  are doing larger  loads of meat, over  10 lbs you also run with a larger heating element or multiple heaters   to cover the load

Toker

Hi Brisket Lover here is how i passed by my slider bar THX to HabaneroSmoker if you open it (the faceplate) you will see 5 wires 3 on the circuit board and 2 on the light. just cut the 3 from the circuit board and join them together into a wire nut. JUST REMEMBER To do this you will need your pid at first because you will not have any other way to controll your heat other way than using your pid.

P.S. leave the 2 from the red light connected.

Brisket Lover