3-2-1 ribs

Started by cinrds, August 12, 2010, 10:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrds

I was thanking of smoking some ribs for Sunday dinner.  Question about the 3-2-1 method.  On the 2 has anyone used anything beside apple juice or is apple the best, and how much juice do you use?  Do you cover the ribs?

Bo

FLBentRider

Most people use a foil wrap for the "2".

I've used a splash of white wine, as well as a wine/honey/garlic basting liquid.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

cinrds

I understand the foil just did know about how much to use.

TestRocket

I spray um down pretty good and wrap um up tight. In my thinking I'm locking all the moisture in so it can only go into the meat.  Good luck!

cinrds

Uncle Pigfat

I imagine I use about 1/4th to 1/3rd of a cup of the apple juice per each half rack.  I plan on using beer in the near future.  The liquid left over from the braise with the apple juice is great for a sauce base or to throw in some beans to give 'em a little smokey pig taste.  Or just to shamefully drink when no one is looking  :o :o

cinrds

Ok that really helps.  As for beer when I have slow cooked ribs before on the grill I cove the ribs in honey and a rub then pour beer over them and marinate them over night.  Next day lay them on a cutting board for a 5 mins or so and let darin out a litte and then cook them.  Really tendor and hony gives it a sweetness.

TestRocket

Don't forget we like PICS!  ;D

cinrds

Yes I know I have pics I need to upload of my first pork butt I need post.