heating element not working

Started by hickdog, July 06, 2010, 11:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hickdog

I have a BDS 6 rack stainless. Bought it in January have used it about 20 times.  I was smoke roasting a leg of lamb and the heating element just stopped working. thermostat is reading correctly and I did a continuity check on all the cables. any ideas? ??? ???

ArnieM

Call Brian at Bradley.  (800) 665-4188  Describe the problem.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Disassemble required! I have an OBS but there is not too big of a difference. Are you getting 120 Vac to the heating element with the unit switched on? If not back up from there through the controller and then check the inline fuse. From what little I know about the DBS there isn't much else more to check! Good luck!

beefmann

also be sure that all plugs , connections are pushed all the  way in and  tight

TestRocket

That's right! Beacuse more then once that has been he solution! Good catch!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Hickdog;

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting tips:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

hickdog

this is a 220Volt unit. I am in the U.K. have triple checked the connections, so it looks like time to get out the multimeter. Thanks for the help.

Habanero Smoker

For customer in the U.K. this link has the contact information you will need. Grakka is the person you will need to contact.
U.K. Customer Service

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

njfoodies

Just had this same problem last night as I couldn't get the smoker above 90 degrees.  Checked to make sure all the connections were tight, and it warmed right up.
-F. Scott
Our Wine and Foodies Blog:  http://jerseyfoodies.blogspot.com/
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker BTDS76P