A new OBS has been adopted

Started by Sailor, August 13, 2010, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Just checked the cabinet temp after 2 1/2 hrs and it was 250 using an oven thermometer.  Thermometer on the Bradley reads 210.  But we all know that thermometer cannot be relied on.  I backed the temp down and will try to get it in the 210 area.  Wish I had ordered the PID long ago so I would already have it. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TestRocket

DTAggie

Sailor

Sorry for the late posting as it has been a pretty busy weekend.  The brisket turned out fantastic.  My wife is not really big on smoked food however she thought it was very good and today wanted a brisket sammy.....Whoot.....can I get a "that's what I'm talking about"  LOL

This is after the 5 hrs of Hickory smoke

This is right off the smoker with an IT of 180 and getting ready for the FTC.  I let it rest for 3 hrs in FTC and it was tender and moist.

Sorry about not having any money shots as the batteries in the camera went dead.  Seems that I forgot to turn the camera off after taking the FTC pics. 

DTAggie

Looks awesome.  Never seen a thermometer inside like that.

classicrockgriller

You did a nice job on the Brisket.

It's been said before .... If Momma is Happy, it's all good in mudville.

Sailor

it is a cheap $3.50 oven thermometer that I picked up from Publix grocery the day of the smoke.  I just wanted to make sure that the the cabinet temp was staying close to the 210 area.  Until my PID arrives this will have to work.  And I don't need my glasses to see it....LOL

punchlock

DTAggie

Only problem is you have to open the door to see it

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

TestRocket

ArnieM

Looks like you had a good first encounter Sailor.  Make sure you keep those pics of the unit when new.  You'll never see it like that again  ;D

I'm glad wifey was happy.  That helps.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.