Vacuum Tumbler

Started by Indy Smoker, August 14, 2010, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy Smoker

I already own a Reveo tumbler which I swear by.  If I was ever to replace it for any reason, I would go for this item  http://www.eversonspice.com/everson-spice-vacuum-tumbler-marinator.html
I saw one in action and although it is a bit pricey I have to say I would not have a problem digging in the wallet to add to my kitchen gadgets.

Habanero Smoker

The description doesn't give much information. What features would you say it has; other then a vacuum gauge and a digital display that would make it better then the Reveo and at that cost?

It looks like it comes with to tumbler sizes. Is the larger tumbler much larger then the one on the Reveo?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Indy Smoker

Hey Habs,

The features it has over the Reveo are the 2 tumblers, where the larger one is almost twice the size of the Reveo, large enough for a good size roast. They are also completely made out of abs plastic, seems like they will not break as mine has done on the Reveo (lid). Each tumbler comes with removable paddles that have holes in them for the marinade to pass through, when you insert both it divides the canister in half - this would be very nice when doing steaks as to not beat them up.  There is also a moisture collector bottle attached to the vacuum tube to ensure no moisture gets into the motor.  The timer can be set to any increment.
I know it's pricey, but I think it would hold up for the long run.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the information. From the picture I couldn't tell the size of the tumblers. The dividers should be helpful for marinating delicate fish, and also probably improve marinating two steaks at a time, by keeping them separated so that more surface is exposed to the marinade at all times.

Nice appliance.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)