Hello From Zorro

Started by Zorro, August 20, 2010, 07:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

New Here.......I am planning on opening up an American style BBQ business in Europe. Planning on using the Bradley smokers to smoke ribs to serve. I will finish them on a rotisserie (did I spell that right?  ???) grill for serving. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I will be doing a test of the market next April-May. I am going to have the equipment shipped over and plan on a concession trailer fron Southern Yankee unless I can find a way to have one made in country. I am excited as this will be big once the Europeans tast this wonderful BBQ from America. I have to get up and educated by then so will be talking to you guys often.

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

ExpatCanadian

Wow, talk about going from 0 to 200mph in no time flat!  I admire your tenacity to attempt to go from no knowledge to serving BBQ professionally....  knowledge that guys work an entire lifetime to obtain and perfect.

I wish you luck...  and if you are anywhere in Europe that I travel to regularly, I'll definitely queue up to try some!

Zorro

US for now. But plan on your neck of the woods. How do think BBQ in Switzerland would sell. Spare ribs St louis Style in particular.

Zorro

Why not. I will get all the advice from the pros right here.....right? Anybody want to take under their wing??

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

3rensho

QuoteHow do think BBQ in Switzerland would sell.

There's a restaurant in Basel called PaPa Joe's and they sell ribs (way over priced and mediocre quality) and it seems to be pretty popular with the 20 somethings.  The ribs you get here are baby backs mostly.  Swiss in general don't seem to be too adventurous in things culinary.   They're happy with tube steak on a gas grill.  You'd have better luck initially just over the border in Germany in Lörrach for example.

Quarlow

Zorro you can put in extra rack brackets like CRG did and I think he has 16 racks in his or something like that. Then just buy some more racks and add a second heating element you got a smokin' machine.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Zorro

Baby backs are not my choice. I will go with the spare rib. Fattier and tastier and less expensive..at least here in the US.

Thanks for the advice. By the way I will have a concession trailer not a fixed restaurant.

3rensho

QuoteBy the way I will have a concession trailer not a fixed restaurant.

Even better.  You see those frequently in Germany in super market parking lots.  They sell roast chickens and some sausage.  For more country style ribs here you buy Schweinebrustspitz.  Delicious.  BTW, do you speak German?