Can someone please confirm this?

Started by Chez Bubba, March 18, 2004, 03:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

I've been told by many sources two different stories.

A) The only difference between the black smoker & the stainless is the outer shell. Either it's stainless or the black baked-on finish.

B) The inside is also stainless steel, not aluminum like the black version.

I use a black one, have never torn apart the packaging of a stainless to find out for myself. I just want to know the facts to pass onto our customers correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Smokie

A) The Stainless Steel Smoker is Brushed Stainless on the outside and
   and Polished Stainless on the inside.

B) The Black Smoker is Powder Epoxy Steel on the outside and the
   inside is Aluminum.

C) The Racks supplied with them are Nickel Plated.

Hope this helps.

Oldman

The back is galvanized metal. You may have someone challenge you concerning this matter of galvanized metal. Galvanized metal is only danagerous if you cook on it or melt / wield it. Any off gassing of galvanized metal is very dangerous. Given the Bradely's design I don't see any problem as to where this metal is being used. However, the first item that caught my eye when his unit came out of the box was this use of galvanized metal.

Below is the link for three manfacture's Material Safety Data Sheet concerning this metal. One is in PDF format. Check out the melting point of the metallic coating third link down. I can tell you this.  After you read this MSDS sheet you will have a new respect for where / how you use this type of metal.

I have supplied this information to you as I don't want you to get caught flat footed. In fact, I expected from all that I read that the whole box would have been Stainless Steel. Someone else might make this into a big deal for you. If I was a competor of Bradley you know I would have made it into a big deal. I'm very surprized they are using it even as a back plate cover.

MSDS
MSDS
MSDS

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Eat This

well to me for smoking you are perfectly safe.......hell, probably got a better chance of cross contamination with different meats than EVER running into a problem with the metal used......Not knocking olds post but if the temp points are accurate I cant see ANY situation where this would be a problem...by the way in Dallas we topped 102 today.......while that will definately ruin any "cold smoking" I might like.....feel safe with your units smokers...